Failing that, make it at home by roasting green coffee beans in a pan until golden, then grinding them with spice to suit your tastes. It has a very distinctive flavour that works beautifully in this reimagined version of the Irish classic.
50ml Arabic coffee 15ml coffee liqueur – we use Kahlúa15ml whiskey – we use Jameson, but any blended whiskey will do 10ml sugar syrup (a 2:1 sugar:water ratio is best here)40ml double cream 5ml rose water Rose petals, to garnish
Brew the coffee as normal, then pour the coffee, coffee liqueur, whiskey and syrup into a heatproof glass. Combine the cream and rose water in a shaker, shake, then pour over the cocktail mix. Garnish with rose petals and serve.
• Jonas Stern, head bartender, Nutshell, London WC2.
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. All our journalism is independent and is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set. More information.
- How much coffee do UK adults really drink?
- Can you find this secret cocktail bar hiding in a Manchester laundrette?
- 12 best reusable coffee cups 2021: bamboo, steel, and ceramic reusable coffee cups
- 'This Week' Transcript 12-18-16: Donna Brazile
- Can the Black Rifle Coffee Company Become the Starbucks of the Right?
- Love infusions in your cocktails? Bring that skill home
- Ahmadreza Djalali: The Swedish-Iranian doctor on Iran's death row
- I'm not lovin' it: Some eateries sticking to 2-pax dine-in limit, including McDonald's and Coffee Bean
- Man laced pal's coffee with poison as she 'couldn't afford his playstation game'
- Scepticism over Iranian nuclearisation
- Things to eat and drink in Singapore this week: The Spot's Manjimup Black Truffle Month, Cin Cin's New Gin Flights and more
- People are making sorbet prosecco cocktails on TikTok and they look so refreshing
- What to do in London this week from free beers for Freedom Day to Eastival
- 8 cold brews in Singapore with islandwide delivery for your caffeine fix
- Best cold brews in Singapore with islandwide delivery for your daily fuel-up
- 10 Manga Series to Start Reading on the Shonen Jump App, One of the Best Deals in Digital Comics [Updated]
- 12 commandments for the perfect barbecue
- Taub Family Outpost Brings Matriarch Linda Taub Out Of Retirement
- Life on six bucks an hour
- The mysterious real use hidden behind this unassuming launderette
Cocktail of the week: Nutshell’s Iranian-ish coffee have 463 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 24, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.