The two vehicles were detected for the violation at around 9 pm on Sunday evening in Bien Hoa District.
The two vehicles were detected for the passenger overloading
The first bus which was on the way from HCM City to Nghe An Province was transporting 82 people despite having just 40 seats. It was fined VND70 million. Driver Nguyen Van Nghia, 40, also failed to show his driving licence and the passenger transport contract for the vehicle. The local police caught a 43 seat coach which was travelling on HCM City-Quang Tri route with the same problem. Up to 77 people were crammed into the bus driven by Hoang Quynh from Quang Tri Province. Substandard beds were detected on the coach to add more passengers. The two coaches were taken to Dong Nai Station and passengers were then reallocated to other vehicles.
- Ha Noi to crack down on Tet road violations
- Passengers inundate buses at end of Tet
- Hanoi to crack down on Tet road violations
- Coach driver fined $800 for overloading
- Coach firms fined for safety violations
- New regulations passed to help ease congestion
- SOCIETY IN BRIEF 6/2
- Social News 16/1
- Social News 25/1
- Deaths fall, but accident rate still high