SportsLine’s advanced computer model simulated 49ers vs. Chiefs 10,000 times.
The AFC champion Kansas City Chiefs will go for their first title in 50 years when they face the NFC champion San Francisco 49ers in the 2020 Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 2. Kickoff from Hard Rock Stadium in Miami is set for 6:30 p.m. ET. Kansas City (14-4) is making its first appearance in this event since the 1969 season, when it topped Minnesota to win Super Bowl IV.
The Chiefs, who are 7-0-1 against the spread during their eight-game winning streak, are coming off impressive double-digit playoff victories over Houston and Tennessee after spotting them the first 24 and 10 points, respectively. San Francisco (15-3) is looking to pull even with New England and Pittsburgh for the most Super Bowl titles with six. Kansas City is a one-point favorite in the Chiefs vs. 49ers odds, while the over-under for total points scored is 54. Before locking in any 49ers vs. Chiefs picks or 2020 Super Bowl predictions, make sure you see what SportsLine’s proven projection model has to say.
The model, which simulates every NFL game 10,000 times, is up over $7,000 for $100 players on its top-rated NFL picks since its inception four-plus years ago. It has nailed its recent top-rated NFL picks, entering the 2020 Super Bowl on a strong 34-22 run that dates back to last season. It’s also on an incredible 96-65 roll on top-rated NFL picks that dates back to the 2017 season.
The model ranked in the Top 10 on NFLPickWatch the past three years on straight-up NFL picks and beat more than 96 percent of CBS Sports office pool players last season. Anyone who has followed it is way up.
- Chiefs vs. 49ers spread: Kansas City -1
- Chiefs vs. 49ers over-under: 54 points
- Chiefs vs. 49ers money line: Kansas City -121, San Francisco +101
- KC: Chiefs are averaging 43 points in the 2020 NFL Playoffs
- SF: 49ers haven’t allowed a running play of more than 11 yards in the postseason
Why the Chiefs can cover
The model knows that Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes has dazzled thus far in the postseason. The 24-year-old quarterback completed 23-of-35 passes in each contest, throwing for 321 yards and five touchdowns against the Texans before recording 294 and three versus the Titans. Mahomes ran for 53 yards in both victories.
Mahomes was Kansas City’s leading rusher in the AFC Championship Game, gaining more than half of his yardage on a highlight-reel touchdown scamper late in the second quarter that put the Chiefs ahead for good. The 2018 NFL MVP’s postseason career has gotten off to a strong start, as he has thrown 11 scoring passes without being intercepted in four outings.
Why the 49ers can cover
While Kansas City faced early double-digit deficits in its two playoff contests, San Francisco has yet to trail this postseason and has been tied for a total of only 27:48. The Niners did all of their damage against Green Bay on the ground, rushing for 285 yards, the most gained in an NFL playoff game since Chicago racked up 381 in a 73-0 victory over Washington on Dec. 8, 1940.
Raheem Mostert, who led San Francisco with 772 rushing yards during the regular season despite not hitting triple-digits in any contest, carried 29 times for 220 yards and four touchdowns in the 37-20 triumph over the Packers. The 27-year-old was the first player in history to run for 200 yards and four TDs in a playoff game, record 150 rushing yards and three scores in the first half of a postseason contest, and score on the ground four times in a conference championship game.
How to make Chiefs vs. 49ers picks
We can tell you that the model is leaning under, and it also has generated an against-the-spread pick that cashes in over 50 percent of simulations. You can only get the pick at SportsLine.
So who wins 49ers vs. Chiefs in Super Bowl LIV? And which side of the spread is hitting over 50 percent of the time? Visit SportsLine now to see which side of the Chiefs vs. 49ers spread to be all over, all from the advanced model that is up more than $7,000 on its top-rated NFL picks, and find out.
Pick Six Newsletter
Get the day’s big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
SportsLine’s Mike McClure, a DFS pro with almost $2M in winnings, gives optimal lineup advice.
SportsLine’s computer model simulated Super Bowl LIV between the Chiefs and 49ers 10,000 times…
Ford is grateful for another Super Bowl chance with 49ers, one year after his offsides penalty…
The 10 teams that came up short in this year’s postseason ranked by their chances of capturing…
Senior Bowl week is upon us and as we get closer to the actual draft expect quarterbacks to…
This year’s big game is just around the corner — here’s everything you need to know
The 49ers opened up a 27-0 lead by halftime and didn’t look back, winning the NFC Championship…
A close game in the first half turned into a convincing final as the Chiefs booked their ticket…
Live scores, highlights and updates from the Jaguars vs. Colts football game
- The Woke Guide to the Super Bowl: If You’re Rooting for the New England Patriots, You’re Rooting for Trump
- Why Your Team Sucks 2019: Kansas City Chiefs
- Why Your Team Sucks 2019: San Francisco 49ers
- How the 49ers defense became the NFL’s biggest surprise
- How The Rise Of Comp Picks Is Chilling NFL Free Agency
- Focus on Arizona: Kyler Murray, Cardinals offer 49ers a unique challenge
- Where is tech headed in 2019? Six investors make their predictions for the upcoming year
- 108 More Characters We Want Confirmed for 'Super Smash Bros. Ultimate'
- Summer Accurately Predicted Five Months Ago Using The LRC
- Transcript: ‘Chief slowdown officer’ Jeff Bezos shares Amazon business wisdom
- Will Amazon buy Etsy, Kohl’s, or the Seahawks? GeekWire predicts the tech giant’s next big deals
- 2020 GMC Sierra HD Driven: Refined, Techy, and Big
- Will Amazon buy Etsy, Kohl’s, or the Seattle Seahawks? GeekWire staffers predict the tech giant’s next big acquisitions
- How to Turn Your Academy Award's Predictions Into Cash
- Let’s Pick Trump’s Final Four For Him
- WARD is an app for placing fantasy predictions on esports games
- As bitcoin ends the year down nearly 80%, investors predict better days ahead
- As bitcoin ends 2018 down nearly 80%, ever-hopeful investors predict better days ahead
- The changing Democratic electorate could upend Iowa's role in 2020
- Analysis: The changing Democratic electorate could upend Iowa's role in 2020
Chiefs vs. 49ers odds, spread: 2020 Super Bowl picks, predictions from model on 96-65 run have 1217 words, post on www.cbssports.com at January 21, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.