Experts from Bao Viet Securities Joint Stock Company (BVSC) said the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV)'s net purchase of foreign currencies was around 6 billion USD in the last two months of 2019, increasing the nation's foreign exchange reserves to approximately 79 billion USD.
They held that a plentiful supply of money has driven interest rates down ahead of the biggest annual holiday.
Statistics show that during January 6-10, the interbank interest rates sharply declined on all terms. The overnight rate was 0.94 percent per annum, and one-week rate was 1.46 percent per annum, a fall of 3.06 percent and 2.74 percent, respectively, as compared to those recorded during December 2-6.
Analysts from the MB Securities Company (MBS) forecast liquidity of the banking system will be positive in 2020 as more foreign direct investment will run into the country that has favourable investment policies and attractive labour costs as well as various benefits from the US – China trade war.
"We believe that liquidity of the banking system will be plentiful in 2020; therefore, the interest rates will not be affected by external factors", an insider said.
According to BVSC's latest report, interest rates will be stable in 2020; however, they are hard to fall further in the next few months since the inflation rate is said to shoot up in the first half of 2020, driven by soaring pork and fuel prices./.
- American Pharoah owners racing to capitalize on champ’s name
- Dare to declare capitalism dead – before it takes us all down with it
- NHL sources: Impending Coyotes deal brings financial stability
- Source: Defenseman Mike Green is Wings’ top trade target
- Meet the secret source behind the Blue Jays’ power surge
- Source: Sam Bradford has separated left shoulder, wants to play
- Revenue drive on for 2016 Olympics
- Week 19 Recap: Padres get production from variety of sources
- AP source: Buffalo to host 2018 World Jr. hockey tournament
- AP sources: Buffalo to host 2018 World Jr. hockey tournament
- Source: Becks to start MLS franchise
- AP source: David Beckham picks Miami to start MLS team
- AP source: Beckham picks Miami for MLS franchise
- New-look offense driving Predators’ quick start
- Chiefs convert Ravens mistakes into eighth straight win
- Chiefs cruise past Ravens 34-14 for 8th straight victory
- Notes: Trade market for arms will eventually erupt into frantic pace
- Which hidden gems stood out in first week of NFL preseason?
- Paul Imig’s Sept. 26 Packers mailbag
- Padres Week 3 Review
Abundant capital sources drive interbank interest rates down have 424 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 15, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.