KATHMANDU, Nepal (AP) — Eight Indian tourists, including four children, were declared dead Tuesday after being found unconscious in their room at a mountain resort in Nepal, officials said.
Rescue helicopters flew the tourists to Kathmandu, where they were declared dead at a hospital in the capital, police official Hobindra Bogati said.
A doctor at the Hospital for Advanced Medicine and Surgery in Kathmandu, Kamal Thapa, said the four adults and four children showed no signs of life when they arrived at the hospital.
The eight tourists were part of a group of 15 who had traveled to Nepal from the Indian state of Kerala.
Thapa said another member of the tour group said they had tried to wake the eight around 7:30 a.m. but found them unconscious.
The group reportedly turned on a gas heater inside the room while the windows and doors were closed. Police were investigating the case.
The resort at Daman is popular with tourists for mountain views and snowfall during winter. It is about 56 kilometers (35 miles) west of Kathmandu.
The resort was fully booked so the eight tourists were sharing the same room.
- Bird Flu And Its Possible Impact On The Indian Economy
- Asia's Newest Beach Resort Sihanoukville Cambodia
- Ancient Indian Civilizations - Where Did They All Go?
- Cholesterol and Indian Herb
- Screenplay Seminar: Die Hard (1988) Deconstructed
- ‘INDIAN FOREIGN TRADE: IMPORTERS AND EXPORTERS SHOULD KNOW THE GENERAL PROVISIONS (2010-2014)’
- The Indian Ocean Tsunami - Impact on US-India Military Cooperation
- Corn Sugar and Blood And the Rise and Fall of the Cleveland Mafia
- Dying to Vote in Mississippi, Part II
- The Rise And Fall Of Curiosity
- Birth chart by Best Indian Astrologer for Mahadasa of Mars
- Indian Believers Experience God In Miraculous Ways Our Lifestyle Will Never Allow
- Rx for Falling Corporate Profits
- Adirondack Adventures Await You this Summer!
- Initiations in History; Three Wombs and the Tomb
- Mashpee Massachusetts Vacation
- 188 Stages of the Hero's Journey You Need to Know About: Example, Papillon (1973) Deconstructed
- Ruined Rural Economy India - Metal Or Stomach Part 5
- Masking European Animism
- Newsletter from East Africa August 2003
8 Indians die after falling unconscious at resort in Nepal have 329 words, post on apnews.com at January 21, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.