Up to 98.9 percent of women-owned businesses are small-and medium-sized ones. (Photo: VietnamPlus) The number of women-owned businesses increased from 21 percent in 2011 to 24 percent in 2018, according the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI). As of September 2019, Vietnam had 285,689 enterprises run by women, making up 24 percent of total firms in the country, the highest rate in Southeast Asia. However, the VCCI said up to 98.9 percent of women-owned businesses are small-and medium-sized ones, and 61.4 percent are operating in the service sector. Businesswomen often meet difficulties relating to gender and restricted access to resources, information-technology, knowledge, skills and business network. Therefore, prompting women’s economic empowerment is one of the important objectives of the Australian-funded programme called Aus4Reform. The programme, worth 6.5 million AUD (about 4.9 million USD), supports the Vietnamese Government to achieve its targets of improving the business environment and moving Vietnam towards a more market-based economy. Aus4Reform is built on the reform momentum achieved through previous Australian-supported programmes, including “Beyond WTO” and “Restructuring for a more Competitive Vietnam”. It assists the development and implementation of economic policies, laws and institutions critical to helping Vietnam’s economy meet its potential. The four-year programme… Read full this story
- Silicon Valley is cool and powerful. But where are the women?
- Indian politician's 'accidental rape' remark adds to rising public anger
- Indian government vows zero tolerance over violence against women
- Why Some Women Cheat
- Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s rise to power turns him into a billionaire boss
- Single Chinese women want to freeze their eggs and enjoy life
- Female Business Owner Who Confronted Beto On Guns Launches GOP Bid For Congress
- The Hill's Morning Report - Dems debate if Biden's conduct with women disqualifying
- Everything you need to know about 3D printing and its impact on your business
- How to make BSNL, MTNL more relevant
Women-led businesses on the rise have 315 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 21, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.