Permanent Deputy Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son held talks with visiting US Assistant Secretary of State David Stilwell in Hanoi on December 18. Permanent Deputy Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son During the talks, Son welcomed the positive and substantive development of Vietnam – US ties over the past years, highlighting important milestones such as the visit by US President Donald Trump on the occasion of his attending the second US – DPRK Summit in Hanoi in February this year. The Deputy FM spoke highly of the progress in bilateral economic and trade ties, with the US being Vietnam’s largest export market and Vietnam emerging as one of the fastest-growing importers of the US, with an annual growth of nearly 20 percent. He lauded the active implementation of the action plan towards a harmonious and sustainable trade balance, as well as new developments in bilateral collaboration in education-training, post-war recovery, national defence-security, and regional and global issues of shared concern. The Deputy FM proposed that the two countries bolster their cooperation next year when they mark the 25th anniversary of bilateral diplomatic ties, and suggested they maintain visits, especially those at high level, promote economic-trade-investment ties as the driving force for… Read full this story
- Diplomats at UN climate talks agree on reporting emissions
- Ministers warn drone users of severe punishments after Gatwick misery
- Immigration Minister pledges to step up pressure to return migrants to France
- 'History Guy' Dan Snow talks 10 historic moments that shaped the world
- New Ambassador of Uruguay presents copy of credentials to Armenian deputy FM
- Talks on White Rocks ongoing, 10 months after corporation said it hoped for agreement ‘within days’
- What does the DUP want from Brexit talks?
- Fee for EU nationals scrapped as May promises Brexit backstop talks
- RMT union set to hold demonstration against ‘ships of shame’ Condor Ferries
- Cabinet ministers hatching plot to keep Theresa May as PM for two more YEARS
VN Deputy FM, Deputy Minister of Defence holds talk with US Assistant Secretary of State have 328 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.