Ambassador Duong Chi Dung, Head of the Vietnamese Permanent Delegation to the UN in Geneva, attends the 40th meeting of the UN Human Rights Council in March, 2019. (Photo: VNA) The world will celebrate the 71st anniversary of the UN General Assembly’s adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights on December 10. The Declaration presented the international community’s common values of human rights and laid a foundation for other human rights covenants, including the Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the Covenant on Economical, Social, and Cultural Rights, and covenants on the rights of children, women, and persons with disabilities. Since the war, Vietnam has made every effort to build a socialist state governed by law, a state of the people, by the people, and for the people, and improve its laws on human rights. Effort to promote human rights of all people Vietnam’s 2013 Constitution has a chapter on Human Rights and Rights and Obligations of Citizens. Since 2013 90 legal documents relating to human rights have been issued to guide enforcement. Vietnam has fine-tuned regulations and built mechanisms to guarantee human rights. All socio-economic development strategies and projects have taken into consideration a people-centered orientation. Vietnam has ensured… Read full this story
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 22 (updated hourly)
- Virus warnings for Ramadan as some pandemic shutdowns ease
- Coronavirus: German easing of lockdown to start with schools on May 4
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 11
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 17
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 18
- 9 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day Without Leaving Your House
- Coronavirus update: People suspected of carrying COVID-19 could be detained under Australia's biosecurity laws as experts warn world 'in uncharted territory'
- After the election of Donald Trump, we will not mourn. We will organize
- Coronavirus latest: EU leaders hold video summit over economic woes
Vietnam's contributions to global human rights have 315 words, post on english.vov.vn at December 10, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.