The Vietnamese Government is always resolved to strive for the successful realisation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam said in Hanoi on December 11.
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam receives Resident Representative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Vietnam Caitlin Weisen.
He also added that in the time to come, Vietnam will continue boosting the awareness from the whole society and mobilise the participation of all the relevant sides into the work.
As Vietnam is going to shoulder the roles of the ASEAN Chair 2020 and a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, besides the issue of climate change, the Government proposes the UNDP support in studying and implementing a number of activities to push up Vietnam's priorities at the UN.
Deputy PM Dam also spoke highly of the cooperation and assistance from the UN in general and the UNDP in particular to Vietnam over the past more than 40 years, stressing that the assistance programmes are described as well implemented and effective, making positive contributions to the building and implementation of the reform policy in Vietnam.
The UNDP official, for her part, briefed her host on a number of contents of the UNDP global human development report. As for Vietnam, the human development index increases every year, standing at 0.693 last year, placing the country the 118th out of the 193 countries and territories, the life expectancy is 75.3 years, the schooling is 12.7 years, and the income gap is 18.1 percent – the lowest in the group./.VNA
- Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh addresses issues of public concern
- Deputy PM, FM Minh holds talks with DPRK officials
- Deputy PM, Minister clear up electricity-related questions
- Deputy PM Vuong Dinh Hue pays working visit to South Africa
- Deputy PM meets Japanese, Lao leaders on Future of Asia Conference sidelines
- Deputy PM looks to boost farm produce exports to Guangdong
- Deputy PM urges thinking outside box to accelerate digital transition
- Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh welcomes Governor of Japan’s Gunma Prefecture
- Deputy PM welcomes Governor of Japan’s Gunma Prefecture
- Vietnam rolls out red carpet for Thai investment: Deputy PM
- Deputy PM Hue urges IFC to buy stakes in major commercial banks
- Việt Nam wants to expand ties with South Africa: Deputy PM
- Deputy PM asks authorities to consider train street requests
- Deputy PM attends 52nd ASEAN anniversary celebration in Indonesia
- Van Don special economic zone must be superior: Deputy PM
- IT application ensures high-quality 2019 census: Deputy PM
- Russia's Deputy PM Calls to 'Prepare' for End of Sanctions Soon
- Italian Deputy PM Banned from Spain's Mallorca for His Stance on Migration
- Feedback still needed for trans-Vietnam express railway
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc wraps up official visits to Romania, Czech Republic
Vietnam resolved to realise UN 2030 Agenda: Deputy PM have 436 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 12, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.