HÀ NỘI — The Việt Nam national women’s football team will face the hosts Philippines in the semi-final of the 30th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games 30.
As the group stage concluded on Monday, Việt Nam topped Group B while the Philippines stood at the second place in Group A. The match is set to take place at Binan Stadium on Thursday.
According to Phạm Thanh Hùng, head of women’s football department of the Việt Nam Football Federation, if Việt Nam beat the Philippines, he will award the team around VNĐ1 billion (US$43,500).
After performing well in the qualifying round, Việt Nam women’s team were also given VNĐ1.5 billion ($65,200) from Hùng and the VFF.
Two years ago at the SEA Games held in Malaysia, Việt Nam triumphed after taking top place on goal difference over Thailand. — VNS
- All-Ireland Football semi-final: Monaghan face 'growing force' in Tyrone
- All-Ireland Football semi-final: Brennan replaces Meyler in Tyrone team
- All-Ireland Football semi-final: Tyrone edge out Monaghan to make decider
- Persepolis break Duhail hearts, face Al Sadd in semi-final
- Confirmed: Here are the details for the semi finals of the All Ireland football championship
- Semi final schedule is unfair, says Gerrard
- ScotRail criticises SPFL over handling of semi-finals decision
- Police Scotland to look again at plans for Scottish League Cup semi-finals
- When Derby broke the British transfer record and reached an FA Cup semi-final
- Dublin v Galway, All Ireland semi final: Champions face Tribesmen in Croke Park