The Vietnamese delegation actively contributed to discussions at the UNHRC session and negotiation sessions on draft resolutions. Ambassador Duong Chi Dung, Head of the Vietnamese Delegation in Geneva attended the meeting. On July 11-12, 2019, at the United Nations Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) conducted its final discussions after three weeks of working, passing 26 Resolutions, including Resolutions on climate change and human rights co-authored by Vietnam, Philippines and Bangladesh. This year’s resolution on climate change focuses on the impact of climate change on the rights of people with disabilities. Identifying people with disabilities as the most vulnerable in emergency situations, especially in the event of natural disasters or extreme weather events due to climate change, the Resolution calls on countries to strengthen measures to ensure the rights of people with disabilities to the adverse impacts of climate change, especially to ensure the participation of people with disabilities in developing and implementing climate change response programs in local, national and international levels. In addition, the Resolution continues to call for international cooperation on financial assistance, technology transfer and capacity building for developing countries to cope with climate change. The resolution was adopted by consensus… Read full this story
- India disregarded five UNHRC letters of concerns, objections on human rights violations
- Vietnam actively engages in UN Human Rights Council’s 44th session
- Pregnancy doesn't stop during a pandemic. Neither do human rights.
- Vietnam respects human rights in cyberspace
- How Bahrain uses sport to whitewash a legacy of torture and human rights abuses
- China's Foreign Ministry Denounces Uyghur Human Rights Bill Signed by Trump, Vows to 'Hit Back'
- Scuffles outside Beijing court as human rights lawyer Pu Zhiqiang goes on trial
- At least six missing after clampdown on human rights lawyers in China
- US Congressman: China's Worsening Human Rights Record Harms Its World Standing
- Trump Signs Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act of 2020 Allowing US to Impose New Sanctions on China
UNHRC adopts Resolution on Human Rights, co-authored by Vietnam have 335 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 17, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.