HÀ NỘI — Cold spells have hit the north and central regions over the past few days with temperatures dropping dramatically on Monday, according to the Central Hydro-meteorological Forecast Centre.
Many northern localities experienced temperatures from 6 to 12 degrees Celsius.
Temperatures in mountainous provinces, including Sa Pa Town in Lào Cai Province, are expected to fall to 4oC at night with the possible appearance of frost.
The cold spell also brought frost to the mountainous district of Kỳ Sơn in central Nghệ An Province on Sunday.
The temperature recorded in the area was 1oC at 1am on Sunday with frost covering hills, houses and valleys in Mường Lống Commune, according to chairman of the Commune’s People’s Committee Và Nỏ Vừng.
Local authorities have warned citizens to take measures to mitigate the effects of cold weather.
Cold weather will continue hitting northern and central provinces for the next 10 days, according to the Central Hydro-meteorological Forecast Centre. — VNS
- Winter arrives in Italy as temperatures drop and snow forecast in the north
- 10 Cool Temperature Vacation Spots for People Who Hate the Heat
- 25 Best Places to Visit in England: The Most Beautiful Places in England
- What caused Wednesday night's rain burst? It's called a 'narrow cold‐frontal rain band'
- Bay Area to get a brief blast of warm weather before the cool air returns
- China: The People's Hiking Revolution
- National Parks Report Card
- International Hikes: The World Awaits
- Paul Schurke: Chillin' With The Iceman
- The big melt