The enchanting family photo shows the Duke and Duchess of Sussex laughing as they pose in front of a Christmas tree, with Archie’s cute face popping up in the foreground of the image.
The festive black and white card was shared on social media by the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust on Monday night and says: ‘Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from our family to yours.’
The enchanting family photo shows the Duke and Duchess of Sussex laughing as they pose in front of a Christmas tree, with Archie’s cute face popping up in the foreground of the image
At the bottom is says ‘this year we have chosen to send our holiday card electronically.’
It is understood that copies of the image, taken by the couple’s friend Janina Gavankar, were emailed to friends and staff on Monday and hard copies sent to family.
It comes after the royal couple, who have been outspoken on environmental issues, were accused of hypocrisy for their high carbon footprint, after taking a number of private jets in the past year.
In a tweet on Monday evening the Trust said: ‘Just sharing the sweetest Christmas Card from our President and Vice-President, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Very Merry Christmas, everyone!’
A source told the Mirror: “Harry and Meghan sent a selection of hard copy cards to family but chose to send their cards electronically this year with the aim of being environmentally conscious as well as being in Canada where they are currently enjoying a six week break away from royal duties.”
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex took Archie away for an extended break last month in Canada, and have been keeping a low profile ever since.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex took Archie away for an extended break last month in Canada, and have been keeping a low profile ever since
The duchess, a former actress, lived and worked in Toronto during her time starring in the popular US drama Suits, and the couple were famously pictured together when Meghan joined her then-boyfriend Harry at the 2017 Invictus Games in the Canadian city.
The Sussexes are likely to have spent the US Thanksgiving celebrations, which this year fell on November 28, with the duchess’ mother Gloria Ragland.
The couple have missed the Queen’s pre-Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace.
And they will not be present for the traditional royal family gathering at the monarch’s private Sandringham estate on Christmas Day.
Some Royals have insisted the couple should break their six-week long visit and return, after Prince Philip spent a fourth night in hospital.
- Prince Harry and Meghan celebrate Archie's first Christmas in luxury Vancouver Island hideaway along with Doria Ragland as the rest of the Royals spend time together in Sandringham with the Queen
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Help Stranger Take a Selfie in Canada: 'She Saw Us Struggling'
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'are furious at her father Thomas for dragging her mother Doria into their public row'
- Justin Trudeau Welcomes Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to Canada for Their Holiday Stay
- Meghan Markle planned US foundation in son’s name just EIGHT days after announcing pregnancy
- Ellen DeGeneres Defends Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Amid Private Jet Criticism
- Thomas Markle threatens to give an interview every 30 DAYS until Prince Harry or Meghan call him as he says: 'I can't sit in silence for the rest of my life waiting for someone to get back to me'
- Prince Harry Takes Archie to Playgroup for the First Time with Meghan Markle!
- Archie's New Photo with Prince Harry Has a Sweet Hidden Message — and a Surprise Photographer!
- Meghan Markle is 'CERTAIN' to have watched and 'hated every minute' of the TV documentary with her father Thomas - who feels he'll 'never' see her again so 'may as well make some money', royal experts say
- Royal Wedding scammers! Meghan Markle's father STAGED photos with paparazzi that were shared around the world and sold for up to £100,000 - just days before he walks her down the aisle
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding as it happened: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex married in May 2018
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's thank you card to fans is just STUNNING – see it here
- Paul Burrell shares unseen letter from Princess Diana where she wrote of loving her boys 'unconditionally' and says her words are just as relevant today as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle begin their new life
- Confirmed: Prince William and Kate will join Prince Harry and Meghan at Christmas
- Meghan Markle started making secret plans for a US foundation eight days after announcing she was pregnant
- Prince Harry's complaint over Mail on Sunday's drugged wildlife article rejected by press watchdog
- Best celeb pics of the week: Bella Hadid, Brad and Jen reunion and Meghan Markle
- Will Prince Harry ever be truly happy?
- Prince Andrew heads home early from Christmas Day church service to look after Prince Philip at Sandringham after Prince Charles showed his support by stepping out with his younger brother amid Epstein scandal
Revealed: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Christmas e-card showing baby Archie crawling towards camera lens - as the couple ditch paper versions following row over their carbon footprint from plane travel have 906 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 24, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.