Car sales in November failed to meet expectations even though the year-end shopping season has started and despite various discounts of up to hundreds of millions of dong.
Members of the Vietnam Automobile Manufacturers’ Association sold a combined 29, 846 units in November, up only 3 percent from the previous month.
According to the Vietnam Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (VAMA), its members sold a combined 29,846 units in November, up only 3 percent from the previous month but down 3 percent from the same period last year.
If sales of TC Motor included, the total number came to 35,638 units.
However, some brands such as Audi, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedex-Benz, Subaru, Volkswagen, Volvo, and VinFast did not announce their sales. As a result, the above figure did not reflect the actual purchase power in the market.
Total sales for the 11-month period added to 289,128 units, up 14 percent on a yearly basis, including 212,361 passenger cars (up 23 percent), 71,954 commercial vehicles (down 3.9 percent) and 4,813 special purpose vehicles (down 27 percent).
Industrial insiders hoped that sales would accelerate in the last month of the year when the shopping season reaches its peak./. VNA
- 2020 campaign: Where are the worldly concerns?
- Can Japan's defense firms bounce back from failed Australia sub bid?
- Iran ignores human rights campaign, bans women attending volleyball games
- Japan eyes weapons sales to Southeast Asia to counter Chinese clout
- Europe Lifts GM Food Ban Despite Public Opposition
- Chinese Premier Presses EU to Lift Arms Embargo
- Juul under state, federal scrutiny over sales practices
- Kimberley Process meeting fails to redefine 'blood diamonds'
- Claudio Ranieri sacked: Tinkerman fails to tinker and the sale of N’Golo Kante… where it all went wrong for the Italian boss
- Harry Styles’ debut single Sign of the Times tops charts — but with disappointingly low sales
- Youtube star PewDiePie was PAID to promote computer games, investigators find
- Japan, US fail to iron out trade pact differences
- Juul Illegally Marketed E-Cigarettes, F.D.A. Says
- Polish apples feel the crunch
- Silicon Valley Goes to Therapy
- After five years as the face of M&S here’s why we still want Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
- EU Promises Countryside Cash Injection
- Stuttgart racing to find players to prevent another rollercoaster season
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's twisted reality on guns, environment
- Germany miles away from one million e-cars goal
Promotional campaigns fail to lift automobile sales in Vietnam have 359 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 13, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.