The two matches, which are said to be given an official status by the International Cricket Council (ICC), are scheduled for March 16 and 20 in Dhaka under the umbrella of BCB and the Asian Cricket Council (ACC).
According to a report in the Dawn, the PCB has said the matter was discussed at an ACC meeting where the Pakistan board had informed their Bangladesh counterpart that they were willing to allow its players as long as the dates were altered to avoid a clash with the HBL Pakistan Super League 2020.
“The T20Is between World XI and Asia XI were scheduled from March 16-20, while the HBL PSL 2020 is likely to end on March 22. Since dates of both the series couldn’t be changed, we offered our regrets to the BCB, both verbally and in writing, which they understood and accepted,” a PCB spokesperson said.
“It is unfortunate that the facts were twisted to mislead Pakistan cricket fans and followers,” he added.
On Thursday, BCCI Joint Secretary Jayesh George told IANS that such a scenario where both India and Pakistan players play in the Asia XI wouldn’t arise because the message is that there will be no Pakistan players invited.
“What we are aware of is that there will be no Pakistan players in the Asia XI. That is what the message is, so, there is no question of both countries coming together or picking one over the other. Sourav Ganguly will decide the five players who will be a part of the Asia XI,” he said.
PCB chief Ehsan Mani had earlier taken a dig at the Indian government saying that the current security situation in India is worse than in Pakistan and teams should ideally be happy to play in Pakistan.
“We have proved Pakistan is safe, if someone isn’t coming then they should prove that it’s unsafe. At this time, India is a far greater security risk than Pakistan,” Mani said after Pakistan hosted Sri Lanka for a two-Test series which the Azhar Ali-led side won 1-0.
- Explained: Why is India-Pakistan a regular early-round fixture in ICC events?
- Won't send team until 'written assurance' is not given: Pakistan Government
- Asia Cup T20 Preview: India face arch-rivals Pakistan
- Cricketer Brendan Taylor’s confession puts focus on Indian bookies, dirty money and lack of a law
- Full-Strength India To Take On Australia In Blockbuster Semi-Final Of U19 World Cup | Cricket News
- BCCI rushes back-up players for Covid-hit U19 team
- Indian cricket in good hands under Rohit Sharma's captaincy, says Darren Sammy
- "Tough Road Awaits": Harbhajan Singh Wants Team India To "Stick By" Player | Cricket News
- Virat Kohli Was Unhappy With Anil Kumble ‘For Not Standing up For Players’ - Ex-Team India Manager Ratnakar Shetty
- China’s Games: How Xi Jinping Is Staging the Olympics on His Terms
- 5 Overseas Openers Who Can Start A Bidding War In IPL Mega Auction | Cricket News
- Mohammad Hasnain's bowling action declared illegal, will not play PSL 2022
- 'I can visualise that Kuldeep will get another hat-trick for India'
- Chinese Foreign Minister Berates Antony Blinken (Again!) over Olympics
- ICC U-19 World Cup | It’s India vs Australia in blockbuster match
- In Beijing, Olympic Spectacle and Global Power Games
- Heath Streak banned for eight years for graft; contacted bookie during IPL 2018
- India U-19 skipper Yash Dhull, five others recover from Covid
- Why Claiming British Identity Is Complicated
- In Pics: Brisbane, a replica of Perth ODI! Reasons why Team India lost 2nd match Vs Australia
Pakistan Cricket Board accuses BCCI of twisting facts over their players' participation in Asia XI have 744 words, post on www.mykhel.com at December 27, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.