Deputy Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh and OIF Secretary General Louise Mushikiwabo at the Government Guest House in Ha Noi on December 6, 2019. Photo: VGP
Minh made the above statement at his talks with OIF Secretary General Louise Mushikiwabo who is on her second visit to Viet Nam over the last 16 months.
Viet Nam advocates the organization’s common efforts, especially those related to French teaching, economic cooperation, innovation, sustainable development among other in a bid to meet expectations of the OIF member countries, the Deputy PM said.
Appreciating the OIF’s interests in regional matters, including the East Sea issue, he called on the multilateral organization to further promote its role in seeking solutions to resolve conflicts in its member countries and to ensure observation of international law, including the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.
Meanwhile, Mushikiwabo said Viet Nam has been an important member of the OIF and welcomed the country’s positive contributions and strong commitments to the organization over the past time.
The OIF will continue strengthening ties with Viet Nam, particularly in French teaching, UN-led peacekeeping operations, and economic cooperation with African countries, said the Secretary General.
The same day, Mushikiwabo made courtesy calls on Vice State President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh and Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh.
- Vincent Tatum of Grand Canyon Development Partners Promoted to Executive Vice President
- How De La Salle stalled Folsom’s unstoppable offense, and what it means for the Bulldogs
- Dockworker families pull together as workers recover from Las Vegas shooting
- Back to School: Why Breakfast Is Important and What to Feed Kids
- Vietnam veteran, son of immigrants, to finally become U.S. citizen
- La Centrale Is Miami’s Most Ambitious Food Hall
- Your guide to the new Downtown Las Vegas
- Vietnam floods kill 3, threaten to submerge parts of Hanoi
- Las Vegas police end investigation into massacre without 'definitively' determining motive
- No definitive motive found in Las Vegas shooting attack