Friday’s Tale It glitters, it is gold By Son Nguyen Thursday, Dec 12, 2019,20:49 (GMT+7) It glitters, it is goldBy Son Nguyen It is exceptionally pure gold, now that Vietnam U-22 footballers have been crowned champions at the regional sporting tournament, the 30th SEA Games. The country has earned as many as 98 gold medals at the weeks-long event that wrapped up this week in the Philippines, and while all gold medals are highly valuable given talent and painstaking efforts of sportspeople, it is the gold medal for men’s football that has sent the entire nation into wild rapture. The day of December 10, 2019 has become historic, and the significance is not just confined to football or sport, as it is also of paramount importance to other socio-economic aspects of the country as well. The way all walks of life treasure the championship is simply indescribable. The extravaganza is mirrored in both mainstream media and on social networks. Just Google the words “Vietnam champions of SEA Games” in Vietnamese, and in less than a second, the search engine shows over 55 million matches, which is highly phenomenal for a sporting event. Needless to say, the gold for Vietnam’s football really glitters, after long… Read full this story
- New edible glitter-trend is a dystopian future in the making
- A visit to B.C.’s Cariboo region may have you catching gold fever
- Latest trends glitter in HK's twin jewelry shows
- Slovakian skier wins first gold of Paralympics
- Norway's Bjoerndalen ends glittering career
- All that glitters on Gold Coast is Veloso's gold
- Russian amber sellers hope World Cup shines a light on 'Baltic gold'
- Wild sprint and Kenny gold lights up Euro cycling
- Asian Games: Precious gold glitters for Son, Bahraini claims sprint double
- All the gold you can eat this Chinese New Year
It glitters, it is gold have 311 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at December 12, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.