Bangkok (VNA) – Thailand has so far welcomed 1.9 million Indian visitors, meeting the expected growth target of 22 percent for this year and earning 85 billion baht (2.56 billion USD) in revenue.
Chattan Kunjara Na Ayudhya, deputy governor of marketing for Asia and South Pacific at the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), said the TAT plans to beef up this market by leading some 30 operators to participate in the South Asia Travel and Tourism Exchange 2020 in New Delhi next month. In July, it will conduct roadshows in four cities: Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata and Jaipur.
Tourism is an important economic pillar of Thailand, accounting for 20 percent of the country’s economy, and revenue from foreign visitors contributes about 12 percent of Thailand’s GDP.
The TAT projects foreign arrivals this year at 39.8 million, generating 1.96 trillion baht, up 4 percent in both volume and value from last year. Next year’s arrivals figure is set at 40.8 million, up 2.5 percent, with 2.02 trillion baht in income, a 3 prcent rise./.
- Indian Bank falls 8% after listing of QIP shares
- When Pattaya opens to foreign tourists, city plans to focus on Indians and Russian visitors first
- Bangkok to Reopen for Fully Vaccinated Tourists Including Indians from October
- Thailand’s Lawmakers Open Special Tourist Visas (STV) to All Countries
- Thailand: Samui Plus Model misses the target on number of foreign visitors
- Thailand desperate for tourists following COVID slump
- Fire Damages Thailand Nightclub Popular With Indian Tourists
- Details of 100m visitors to Thailand exposed online: Research firm
- Exclusive look inside Thailand's Sandbox scheme making holidays possible in Phuket
- Thailand seeks to slash quarantine period for visitors
- Discover 10 Destination in Thailand that will inspire Writers
- Thailand hopes to welcome tourists to Bangkok, top cities next month
- Disease Alert for Flooded Area’s of Thailand
- Details of 100 million visitors to Thailand exposed online: research firm
- Thailand Overhauls its Visa Rules to Attract Foreigners
- Govt seeks shorter quarantine period for visitors
- Indians travel: Social status, and not the drive to explore, is what makes most Indians travel
- Personal data of 106 million visitors to Thailand exposed online
- Samui Plus misses foreign visitor target
- Thailand Extends Visa on Arrival Fee Waiver for Tourists
Indian visitors to Thailand surges have 378 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 22, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.