A male 10th grader at the Hanoi-Amsterdam High School for the Gifted in Hanoi has scored 1600 out of a possible 1600 score on the SAT 1.
Tran Dinh Quan is in the maths major class.
A female 12th grader from mathematics majoring class said she knows Quan well who is ‘famous’ and has the nickname ‘superman’.
Do Minh Phuc
Quan has decided to study abroad after finishing high school in Vietnam.
Mai Xuan Thang, head teacher for math, said the achievement was gained by a mathematics, not English majoring, student. “The achievement may make the teachers of English in my school bow in admiration,” Thang said.
Thang said Quan is very clever and always among the best students in the class.
“He is really excellent with good foundation of knowledge gained in primary and secondary schools. He has won a lot of high prizes at competitions,” Thang said.
Most recently, he won the gold medal at the Hanoi Open Mathematics Competition and was selected as one of the outstanding students of Hanoi in the 2018-2019 academic year.
Dang Ngoc Phuong, his teacher of literature, highly appreciates Quan’s essays.
Quan came first in the school entrance exam to the sixth grade and passed the exams to enter both the English and mathematics majoring classes of high school. But Quan decided to study in the mathematics majoring class.
SAT is a standardized test widely used for college admissions in the US. The test aims to assess students’ readiness for higher education.
The Hanoi-Amsterdam High School for the Gifted is the most prestigious school in Hanoi, which selects the best students in Hanoi and the north. The students at the school win scholarships to study at many well-known universities all over the world.
Most recently, Do Minh Phuc, a 12th grader at the school, won admission to four universities, including the University of Michigan, ranked 27th among the best schools by US News and World Report.
In 2018, Pham Nam Khanh, a student from Hanoi-Amsterdam High School for the Gifted has scored another goal – winning a $264,000 scholarship for 4-year study at the University of Chicago, five months after winning the silver medal at the 2017 IMO (International Mathematics Olympiad).
According to The World University Rankings, the school ranks ninth on the list of best universities in the world and third on the list of US universities according to US News.
The Vung Tau City education sub-department has asked Nguyen Thai Binh Secondary School to explain why 42 out of 43 students of a class in the school had ‘excellent student’ titles.
Tran Ngoc Anh Khoa, Nguyen Thanh and Luong Duyen Binh Nguyen will represent Vietnam at the final round of the Adobe Certified Associate World Championship (ACAWC) 2019, slated for July 28-31 in New York.
- Windows Defender Gets Perfect Scores in Antivirus Test
- Skyrim is the First Western Game to Receive a Perfect Score From Famitsu
- Meteorologist Ginger Zee Wins First Perfect Score on This Season’s
- Key player in college admissions scandal who took tests for students pleads guilty
- College Board Drops Student ‘Adversity Score’ on SAT
- Parents Raise Concern over SAT Essay Question on Bernie Sanders’ Op-Ed
- Vietnamese IT engineers grasp opportunity to find jobs in Japan
- American student William Nguyen detained in Vietnam during protest appears to apologize
- Amnesty Advocates Help Illegal Immigrants Get College Scholarships While 44.7 Million Americans Saddled with Student Debt
- A millennial ‘Shark Tank’ entrepreneur who coaches teens for the SAT says adults don’t realize what sets Gen Z apart