Car sales in Vietnam have been forecasted to hit the record high of 400,000 by the end of this year.
According to the Vietnam Automobile Manufacturers' Association (VAMA), in November, the association members sold 289,128 cars.
Meanwhile, TC Motor sold alone 70,802 cars between January and November, raising the total car sales during the 11-month period in the Vietnamese market to 359,930 compared to 352, 209 of last year's same phase.
By late December, car sales would climb to nearly 400,000, including Vinfast and Mercedes-Benz, the record high so far.
In the first 11 months of this year, Hyundai topped the country's car sales of 70,802, followed by Toyota with 70,633, Honda with 30,113, Mazda with 29,498, Ford with 29,080 and Kia with 26,900.
This is seen as a successful year for Mitsubishi with 26,765 cars sold during the period, ranking the 7th in the market and six times higher than that of 2018. Of the figure, 17,306 were Xpander model.
Despite lower prices, car prices in Vietnam are still 10-20% higher than many regional countries due to high taxes.
Locally-made and assembled cars remained inferior to imported models as producers have to pay high taxes for spare part import.
The Ministry of Industry and Trade has forecasted that car import value would be USD3.4 billion this year and the figure would be higher in the coming years. This not only seriously affects domestic automobile production but also affects the trade balance.
The ministry has proposed solutions to support domestic car manufacturers, including not applying special consumption tax for vehicles which are locally-produced, as part of efforts to reduce the price of cars.
- Covid crisis: UK car sales crash to 1946 low on virus lockdown
- Digital car sales: Coronavirus pushes auto market into new territory
- UK car sales collapse to lowest level since 1946 with just 4,000 sold in April compared to 161,000 last year - as industry suffers 'disastrous but not unexpected' 97% slump in lockdown
- UK car sales crash to 1946 low on virus lockdown
- UK new car sales fall to lowest level since 1946
- Tesla comes out on top as UK car sales fall 97% in worst month since 1946
- More Americans have died from coronavirus in three months than were killed in Vietnam War in 20 years as death toll tops 58,000 and more than one million are infected
- Coronavirus: Lockdown forces new car sales to skid to a halt in April
- Rouble crash fuels 22.7% jump in Russian passenger car sales in March
- Plunging car sales made Tesla April’s top-selling car in the UK
- VW car sales, earnings plunge during coronavirus crisis
- NZ new car sales plummet by 90 per cent
- VW car sales, profits plunge during coronavirus crisis
- Shoppers are furious as Aldi CANCELS its annual snow gear sale for 2020 - after past years saw thousands queue for hours to get their hands on deals
- Disastrous April car sales mark the end of an era
- Coronavirus lockdown | Scrap old vehicles to keep air clean, stimulate new car sales: Royal Enfield CEO
- Mississippi bucks national trends in home and car sales
- SiriusXM Adds Self-Pay Subs, Says Car Sales and Advertising "Fell Swiftly" Amid Pandemic
- SiriusXM Adds Self-Pay Subs, Says Car Sales and Advertising 'Fell Swiftly' Amid Pandemic
- Car sales slump as virus hits auto market
Car sales in Vietnam forecasted to reach 400,000 this year have 511 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.