|At the conference|
Delegates evaluated that in 2019, under the leadership of the Border Guard Party Committee and Command, border guard units fulfilled all border area-related missions. Accordingly, they closely followed situational developments to make timely recommendations for the Party, the State, the Central Military Commission, and the Ministry of National Defense to issue guidelines and policies to effectively deal with incidents in border areas.
Border guard units were also active in fighting crime, smuggling, and trade fraud while paying attention to carrying out combat readiness, natural disaster relief, search and rescue missions and building the whole people’s defense and firm border areas.
Delegates also highlighted the force’s results in training and regulation building as well as achievements in Party building. In complicated situations the border troops have always showed their absolute trust in the leadership of the Party and their determination to fulfil all assigned missions.
In 2020, the Border Guard Party Committee and Command will promote leadership over the implementation of missions in managing and protecting sovereignty and security in border areas and building a borderline of peace, friendship, cooperation, and development.
Border guard units will actively embrace situational developments and make recommendations for higher levels to build the force into a revolutionary, regular, elite, and increasingly modern one. They will also focus on building politically-organizationally-and ethically-strong Party organizations, so as to meet task requirements in the new context.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Mike Pence Continues to Falsely Suggest Thousands of Terrorists Come Across Southern Border
- Drone Warrior: Democrats, drones are not the solution to our border problem
- Homeland Security Secretary Doubles Down on Border and Slams 'Lawlessness' of Asylum Seekers
- Bay Area author and advocate searches for answers to housing crisis
- On border security, Pelosi and Schumer play politics while Trump fights to protect us
- The Coast Guard is ‘always ready,’ Congress however…
- Trump to make prime-time address, visit U.S.-Mexico border amid shutdown stalemate
- Pelosi, Schumer clash with Trump over government shutdown, border wall
- Father of Guatemalan girl who died in Border Patrol custody says 'no water provided'
- Thieves nab more than $33K in jewelry from unlocked cars in Security-Widefield area