Whether you need a standalone wearable that allows you to leave your phone in your bag while you sweat it out in the gym or a Wi-Fi model that gives you access to a massive archive of apps and features, the Apple Watch Series 5 is the best smartwatch that you can buy. Cyber Week may be over, but thankfully Best Buy is still offering this incredible and indispensable piece of wrist-worn tech at an awesome discounted price. What’s even better is that the two previous Apple Watches, Series 3 and Series 4, are available with even bigger price cuts. Take a look below and decide for yourself which one suits you best.
Syncing the Apple Watch Series 3 to your iPhone via Bluetooth allows you to receive real-time notifications and music playback control. You can get notified of calls, text messages, and social media alerts even if your phone is tucked away in your bag. This smartwatch doesn’t have a built-in eSim, though, so you cannot make phone calls on your wrist. For that, you need to spend a few extra bucks and get the cellular version instead.
The Apple Watch Series 3 is a very reliable fitness tracker. It boasts a gamut of health-centric sensors, including a heart rate monitor, accelerometer, and gyroscope. With this watch you can track a multitude of activities, like walking, running, swimming, and cycling. When you’ve been sitting for too long, this watch will remind you to get off your feet and take a brief walk. It also helps you relieve pent-up stress through the Breathe mindfulness feature. All health stats and metrics are aggregated in the Activity app.
This smartwatch comes with a strap band called a “Sports Loop.” It has a simple hook-and-eye system that’s guaranteed to fit all wrist sizes. The band is replaceable if you wish to get other styles, colors, and even material. The watch face is also fully customizable, with a variety of designs to suit your personality.
The most affordable (and least feature-packed) Apple Watch on this list, the Series 3 is currently on sale on Best Buy for just $199.
The Apple Watch Series 4 earned a rare perfect 5 stars rating from us. It boasts the latest in health-monitoring technology, including a second-generation ECG (electrocardiogram) heart sensor that sends out notifications for low heart rate, high heart rate, and irregular rhythm. It also has automatic exercise detection — when you start walking faster or run up a flight of stairs, it will ask you if you’re getting ready to work out. There are plenty of workout programs to choose from, ranging from yoga to hiking and beyond, and all your fitness data is stored in your iPhone’s Health App. Like the Series 3, this watch is obsessed with keeping you active.
The watch is lightning-quick and extremely easy to use, thanks to its fourth-generation S4 processor. Launching apps, checking notifications, and browsing through the menu are a breeze, and the screen is bright and rich in detail. There’s a Walkie Talkie mode that lets you chat in real time with fellow Apple Watch owners. The Watch also lets you access Siri by simply raising your wrist and speaking.
Transferring music from your iPhone to the watch is performed wirelessly and can only be done while it is charging. You can listen to music on Apple Music wirelessly via Bluetooth. The Watch can also be set up to display a range of information, including stock prices, scores from your favorite sports teams, and boarding details on upcoming flights. The battery lasts a good 18 hours on a single charge, enough to get you through the day.
Despite no longer being the latest nor the best Apple Watch that you can buy, the Series 4 is still a formidable digital timepiece that you’d be a fool to discount. In fact, the Series 5 only managed to get the coveted top spot thanks to a few minor tweaks like its always-on display, a marginally faster processor, and an internal compass. Right now, you can purchase the Series 4 on Best Buy for a cool $50 off. Get one for $299 instead of its normal retail price of $349.
APPLE WATCH SERIES 5
Visually, there’s nothing that sets the Apple Watch Series 5 apart from both the Series 3 and 4. It still sports the same square design and digital crown control system. Its case is made of 100% recycled aluminum (perfect for the environmentally conscious), although it also comes in titanium, stainless steel, and ceramic if you have the money to splurge, with a case size of either 44mm or 40mm. Curvy and ergonomic, it’s small and light enough to let you feel like you’re not wearing it and it won’t get caught on your shirt cuff.
The biggest difference between Series 5 and the previous Apple Watch iterations is its always-on display. It will always show the time and you no longer need to raise your wrist in order to wake the screen up. Workout stats are also immediately shown as soon as you start exercising. For example, do some push-ups and the watch will automatically display the corresponding metrics. There are plenty of watch faces to choose from, with designs that range from the elegant to the quirky. And if you’re thinking that the always-on display will take a serious toll on the battery life, don’t fret. It’s possible to get a full day and half the following day out of a single charge. Recharging takes about an hour.
The Series 5 also has an internal compass, an even more powerful S5 processor, and a much larger storage capacity. The interface is fun and simple to use. Using the digital crown to zoom in and out of the app screen is great, and the haptic feedback provides an impressively tactile experience. All your basic fitness tracking needs are covered, plus a few more. It takes care of steps, calories, hourly movement, relaxation, VO2 Max data, hours spent standing, and workout tracking for everything including swimming and biking, and more unusual activities like yoga and elliptical training.
The Apple Watch Series 5 is currently on sale on Best Buy. Get the 40mm version for $384, which is $15 off its normal retail price of $399. Or if you want the bigger 44mm model you can purchase it for $414, which is also $15 less than its usual sale price of $429.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Best Buy has the lowest price on the Apple Watch Series 5 for Cyber Week
- The Apple Watch Series 5 is at its best price on Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy
- Best cheap Apple Watch deals for December 2019
- Best Buy Black Friday sale: Samsung Galaxy and Apple Watch deals
- Amazon discounts the Apple Watch Series 4 by $100
- Target's Black Friday ad is out with amazing deals on TVs, iPads, iPhones and more
- What to buy (and skip) on Black Friday 2017
- Black Friday 2017: What to buy, what to skip
- Look: Black Friday ads for Walmart, Target, Best Buy include great deals on electronics
- Apple's Black Friday deals: Not a lot of discounts, plenty of gift cards
- CNBC TRANSCRIPT: DISNEY’S BOB IGER TALKS FOX DEAL WITH CNBC’S DAVID FABER
- CNBC Announces Fall Lineup; Greenlights New Series and Returning Favorites; Expands Development Slate
- Drones, wearables, smart-home devices: Top 15 tech gifts of 2017
- Auburn's Ace Atkins: From football hero to best-selling crime novelist
- 4K TV: Should you get one this year? Here's how to decide
- NEW HOUSTON ROCKETS OWNER TILMAN J. FERTITTA LOOKING TO GIVE SMALL BUSINESSES AN ASSIST
- I was an Amazon delivery driver: What it’s like to work in the tech giant’s citizen package brigade
- About a Boy
- Mr. Ten Percent: The Man Who Built — And Bilked — American Soccer
- How Goop’s Haters Made Gwyneth Paltrow’s Company Worth $250 Million
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Possible new clue in Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance; Bloody weekend in Chicago
- Restaurant Notes: Original Caliente and Empyrean Café closed; Who Cut the Cheese? looks for honorCOMMENTSLatest NewsNewsletter
- Paul Daugherty: Who exactly is leading the Cincinnati Reds?
Best Buy offers the best deals on the Apple Watches Series 3, 4, and 5 have 1416 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at December 9, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.