The book beat ’99 Nights in Logar’ (Jamil Jan Kochai), ‘The Far Field’ (Madhuri Vijay), ‘There’s Gunpowder in the Air’ (Manoranjan Byapari, translated from Bengali by Arunava Sinha), ‘The City and the Sea’ (Raj Kamal Jha) and ‘The Empty Room’ (Sadia Abbas) for the USD 25,000 prize.
Presenting the ninth winner of the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature, Amitabha Bagchi for his brilliant novel ‘H… https://t.co/XXwgguN0rr
— The DSC Prize (@thedscprize) 1576500416000
The prize was awarded at the IME Nepal Literature Festival which concluded on Monday here.
Bagchi was congratulated by several Twitter users, including writer Kanak Dixit.
Congratulations to Amitabha Bagchi for winning the DSC Prize for Southasian Literature, handed out for the first ti… https://t.co/IwBWLnu6E4
— Kanak Mani Dixit (@KanakManiDixit) 1576500569000
Amitabha Bagchi has won DSC Prize for South Asian Literature for his book ‘Half the Night is Gone’ @Nepallitfest https://t.co/zTezoKyWHK
— लामिछाने काजि (@KhimLamichhane) 1576503014000
So proud to see @Ajapa_Sharma talk to Amitabha Bagchi today at the @Nepallitfest. As it turns out Amitabha won… https://t.co/wivd61mECf
— Hari Sharma (@harijuhang) 1576502158000
Last session of #IMENepalLitFest on the banks of Fewa Lake, Pokhara by @Nepallitfest. Amitabha Bagchi won… https://t.co/3gy3xUSwPU
— अनार्य (@jhabadrinath) 1576502960000
Bagchi was handed over the prize by Nepal’s Foreign Minister Pradeep Gyawali.
This year’s international jury panel was headed by Harish Trivedi and had Jeremy Tambling, Kunda Dixit, Carmen Wickramagamage and Rifat Munim as its other members.
The festival was organised at the Taalbarahi Chowk on the bamk of lake Fema in this picturesque Nepal city.
Nobel Prize In Literature Cancelled After Sexual Assault Scandal, Other Times It Was Rocked…
A Not-So-Nobel Prize
This year’s Nobel in Literature was cancelled after Jean-Claude Arnault, a French photographer and the husband of a member of the Swedish Academy, was convicted of rape. A look at other times a scandal rocked the coveted award.(In Pic: Jean-Claude Arnault on the left, and the seal of the Nobel Prize on the right.)
- Wimbledon 2014 quarter-finals: Djokovic and Federer win – as it happened
- From Ant & Dec to Bruce Forsyth: Britain's Top 10 TV hosts of all time
- Sketching artists inspire love for Hanoi
- Big Brother fans left shocked as Michael Barrymore's controversial Hitler impression in 2006 is re-aired... after Best Shows Ever special revealed it had removed some scenes to avoid offence
- From the silent movie stars' legendary party dens to Jayne Mansfield's Pink Palace and lothario Rudolph Valentino's retreat: Inside the lavish homes of the rich and famous from the Golden Age of Hollywood lost to development and fire
- ‘My son was shaking, trying not to go online’: how the gambling industry got its claws into children
Amitabha Bagchi wins DSC Prize, $25,000 for 'Half The Night Is Gone', Kanak Dixit congratulates have 843 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.