Quang Ninh (VNA) – Around 14 million USD in investment was pledged during the national innovative start-up day, Techfest 2019, in Ha Long city, Quang Ninh province.
A series of seminars were organised by 12 technology villages during the three-day event, attracting 250 foreign investors and experts, and nearly 300 start-ups.
The first prize in the National Innovation Talent Contest for Start-ups was awarded to MultiGlass, a start-up providing smart technology to help people with disabilities use computers.
The smart communication device combines iris recognition technology and Artificial Intelligence.
MultiGlass will represent Vietnam at the Start-up World Cup 2020 in San Francisco, the US.
At the Techfest closing ceremony on December 6, Deputy Minister of Science and Technology Tran Van Tung said the ministry will continue to assist the innovative start-up eco-system and support local eco-systems.
He highlighted the determination of ministries and sectors to create favourable conditions through a legal framework for start-ups, incubators and foreigners seeking investment opportunities in Vietnam.
The opinions given by domestic and foreign investors and experts at Techfest will be studied to improve the start-up environment, he said./.
- Funding - Can I Use Investor Money to Pay Me Back My Start Up Costs?
- A Start-Up Starting Place Process For the Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurs - What It's Really Like to Be Start Up Junkies - According to Reality TV?
- Business Angels and Your Start-up Finance
- Start-ups - If Your Goal is Investment Or Acquisition by a Big Company You Are Patenting Wrong
- What Type of Home Based Business Would You Start Up?
- So You Want to Join a Start-up MLM?
- Business Loan Start Up Woman - Turns You Dream Into Sheer Reality
- Why Only a Few Start-Ups Succeed
- Business Start-up Finance For Your New Venture