QUẢNG NINH — Around US$14 million in investment was pledged during the national innovative start-up day, Techfest 2019, in Hạ Long City, Quảng Ninh Province.
A series of seminars were organised by 12 technology villages during the three-day event, attracting 250 foreign investors and experts, and nearly 300 start-ups.
The first prize in the National Innovation Talent Contest for Start-ups was awarded to MultiGlass, a start-up providing smart technology to help people with disabilities use computers.
The smart communication device combines iris recognition technology and Artificial Intelligence.
MultiGlass will represent Việt Nam at the Start-up World Cup 2020 in San Francisco, US.
At the Techfest closing ceremony on Friday, Deputy Minister of Science and Technology Trần Văn Tùng said the ministry would continue to assist the innovative start-up eco-system and support local eco-systems.
He highlighted the determination of ministries and sectors to create favourable conditions through a legal framework for start-ups, incubators and foreigners seeking investment opportunities in Việt Nam.
The opinions given by domestic and foreign investors and experts at Techfest would be studied to improve the start-up environment, he said. — VNS
- Funding Your Start-Up Without Selling Equity
- How to Finance Your Small Business Start Up
- Start A New Business With Business Start Up Loan
- How to Start Up Your Small Business on a Small Budget
- UAV Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Start Up Company Strategies
- Neglect Your New Network Marketing Start Up - At Your Own Peril
- Web Promotion for Newly Start Up Low Budget Online Businesses
- Turn Your Potential Into Reality With Start Up Business Loans
- Case Study; Analyzing Personal Tech Prototype Project Costs for a Start-up Company
- How to Finance a Business Start-Up