Quang Tri (VNA) – The central province of Quang Tri and the Thai province of Ubon Ratchathani agreed to enhance cooperation to promote common prosperity and development during a high-level meeting on November 22.
The event, held in the Vietnamese province’s Dong Ha city, was co-chaired by Chairman of the Quang Tri People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chinh and Ubon Ratchathani Governor Sarit Withoon.
The two sides briefed each other about their localities’ situation and development directions for the time ahead. They also discussed measures to boost cooperation for common development.
The provinces agreed to bolster connections in various fields, especially in the areas matching their potential and advantages, as well as the two countries’ policies and commitments. They will organise high-level mutual visits biennially and encourage their agencies and sectors to maintain direct contact.
Quang Tri and Ubon Ratchathani will provide information, introduce opportunities and create favourable conditions for businesses to organise trade and investment activities. They will work together more closely to hold trade promotion events while facilitating customs and entry-exit procedures in line with each country’s regulations.
More support will be given to partnerships in tourism and the transportation of goods and passengers along the Quang Tri – Salavan (Laos) – Ubon Ratchathani corridor and vice versa through border gate pairs of Vietnam and Thailand, the officials said.
Besides, the two provinces’ authorities will create the best possible conditions for their universities, colleges and vocational schools to exchange lecturers and students, grant scholarships, and open Vietnamese and Thai language teaching centres.
Both sides will facilitate the sending and reception of each other’s eligible labourers on the basis of their countries’ regulations when they have demand.
Organisations and agencies will also be encouraged to increase friendship exchanges and mutual visits. Meanwhile, the provinces will also provide optimal conditions for the Vietnamese people association in Ubon Ratchathani and the Vietnam-Thailand Friendship Association in Quang Tri to take part in friendship activities of the two sides./.
- South Africa: Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) on the North West Province satisfied with Cooperation of Provincial Executive
- Thai province organises pigeon cook-off to rid area of vermin
- Sheikh Hasina seeks quick solution to Rohingya problem
- 14 overseas Vietnamese injured in bus accident in Laos
- Pho Haus Wraps Vietnamese Tradition in a Flour Tortilla
- As elections loom, Thai leader gets cosy with old political clans
- Thais with meth held in Banteay Meanchey
- Return of Mahathir unlikely to alter the course of Thai peace process
- DPM Prawit hopes Thai people will enjoy live broadcast of all World Cup matches
- Satun reveals its ‘monkey islet’ pilot since 2016 as govt seeks islands for monkeys