Vietnamese police and foreign ministry officials have departed for the UK to work on the case.
Vietnamese senior government on Sunday evening gathered at a meeting to discuss ways to solve a humanitarian crisis involving 39 migrants who were found dead in Essex, the UK late last month, many of them are believed to be Vietnamese nationals.
|A view of the meeting. Photo: VGP|
Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh chaired the meeting with the participation of Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam and representatives from Ministries of Public Security, Foreign Affairs, Transport, Finance, Health, Information and Communications, Government's Office, Central Party Committee's Office, Party's Internal Commission, Central Propaganda and Education Commission and leaders of several localities.
- British envoy discusses Essex truck victims with Vietnam
- 1,000 pages of damnation: Official report into Grenfell Tower disaster says systemic failures in fire chiefs' 'stay put' advice led to MORE deaths and raises prospect of manslaughter charges for brigade bosses
- Suspicious Death of 6-Year-Old Girl in Fitchburg Under Investigation
- Cold case justice: Inside the hunt for civil rights era killers
- Migrant Caravan in Mexico Trudges Through 'Route of Death'
- Death Toll Reaches 85 in Mexico Fuel Pipeline Fire Horror
- The Central Park 5 Settled, but the Case of Racial Injustice in America Is Wide Open
- Making the case for more drones
- Tragic lorry migrant, 26, 'was deported from UK just DAYS before dying in trailer', say Vietnamese family who remortgaged home to fund £30,000 return trip
- Police arrest two in Calais after eight migrants suffering hypothermia found in lorry
- The Latest: Tougher checks for ports of Zeebrugge, Purfleet
- Ben Affleck Asked Henry Louis Gates Jr. to Edit Out Slaveowning Ancestor in PBS Series
- White Fla. Inmate to Be Executed for Killing Black Man
- Millions and Millions Dead
- Bangor Police Bring In Stephen King To Help Track Demonic Car That Killed Woman
- Time is more valuable than money
- Risk of flooding, mudslides remains after California storm
- Pittsburgh Anchor Got Fired for Essentially Pegging Young Black Men as Killers in Facebook Post
- Moms of the dead from drugs: “Where is the outrage for us?”
- Live Blogging The FTC Workshop On Journalism & The Internet
Vietnam gov’t officials gather at night for Essex truck death case have 343 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at November 4, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.