Delegates at the ceremony (Photo: VNA)
The event was attended by Vietnamese Ambassador to Laos Nguyen Ba Hung, Deputy Minister of Lao Ministry of Education and Sports Kongsy Sengmany, and representatives from Lao Government agencies and localities.
Construction of the school started in June 2018 and completed in July this year with a total cost of VND23 billion (US$991,000).
Covering 1,276 square metres, the two-storey school has six classrooms, two experiment rooms, a library, and a meeting room. It is equipped with modern teaching equipment and facilities.
Addressing the event, Ambassador Nguyen Ba Hung expressed his hope that the new school will help to enhance the teaching and studying quality and human resource training in Dakchueng district.
He stressed that the construction not only symbolises the close Vietnam – Laos friendship but also contributes to consolidating the special ties between the two countries.
On behalf of Lao Government, teachers and students, Deputy Minister Kongsy Sengmany conveyed his sincere thanks to the Vietnamese Party, State and People for the valuable gifts, which will give wings to the dreams of students in the district and tighten the solidarity between the two nations.
- Vietnam builds National Art School for Laos
- Unilever Vietnam Fund Improves Children’s Health
- Greetings to Lao People’s Revolutionary Party
- Vietnam Entrepreneurs’ Day marked in Laos
- Viet Nam to build school for Laos
- Lao People’s Revolutionary Party marks its 60th anniversary
- Dai ichi Life Vietnam Fund Management Company launch Open ended Fund DFVN Capital Appreciation Fund
- Roberts: Will #RedforEd teachers support soaking the rich to better fund Arizona schools?
- LIXIL INAX Vietnam Funds “Heart for Kids” Programme in 4 Straight Years
- Lawmakers didn’t fund Maine schools before adjournment last week