Amazon has just released it’s most recent smart device, a speaker that plugs straight into the wall allowing you to use Alexa in even the smallest spaces.
The Echo Flex is also the most affordable yet of all the smart devices, currently on sale for a very reasonable $24.99. The device is already available online, but Amazon says it won’t be in stock later this week.
The main draw of the speaker compared to other Amazon devices is its size. The fact that it’s plug-in means that you can avoid wires and cords, and it can fit into areas of your home that may otherwise be inaccessible to a speaker, such as a bathroom or hallway.
The Echo Flex is, which currently on sale for a very reasonable $24.99, is a smart speaker that plugs straight into the wall, allowing you to use Alexa in even the smallest spaces
Simply plug the Echo Flex in and use your voice to get Alexa to add to your shopping basket, make hands free calls, or even dim the lights when watching a movie. It also gives you instant access to latest news and information such as weather updates, football scores and more.
Echo Flex’s voice control technology connects compatible devices in your smart home, so you can turn lights on and off, adjust your heating, and even lock doors.
Early reviews on the Echo Flex suggest that it is a good simple device for tight areas of the home at an excellent price. But when it comes to sound quality the Echo Flex falls a little short so is perhaps not best speaker for music.
One reviewer wrote: ‘What Like the most about the Echo Flex, is its size and convenience… It doesn’t take a lot of counterspace which is always a plus.
‘It uses a single outlet and is designed in a way that it could be plugged in, even when other big plugs are connected in the top outlet. Finally, we got the price; it goes for $25 regular price. Knowing how functional this device is, this is a great deal.’
They added: ‘The product description specifically states that this Echo is not optimized for music. I can attest that this is true. The sound quality is not bad, it is just that the bass is not there and there is an extremely faint quasi-metallic echo to it, it sounds very similar to how some old speakers would sound back in the day, just with much better voice clarity.’
Echo Flex’s voice control technology connects compatible devices in your smart home, so you can turn lights on and off, adjust your heating, lock doors and more
The fact that the Echo Flex is plug-in means that you can avoid wires and cords, and it can fit into areas of your home that may otherwise be inaccessible to a speaker
The Echo Flex’s built-in USB-A port allows for accessories like a Third Reality Nightlight (sold separately) or for when you need to charge your phone.
If you have additional supported Echo devices, you can also use the Flex’s Drop In and Announcement feature to talk to any room in your home. So whether you want to let your family know dinner is ready or ask where the TV remote is, the Echo Flex keeps your family in sync.
The Echo Flex and other Alexa devices are all built with multiple layers of privacy protection to ensure you are secure. Additionally, you can switch off the microphones using the Echo Flex’s Microphone Off button and you can also view, hear and delete your voice recordings at any time.
If you happen to be an Amazon Prime member, you can now connect your Prime account to your Echo Flex to enjoy thousands of music, podcasts and audio books.
If you’re not yet a Prime member, you can sign up now for a free 30 day trial to make the most of benefits including free one-day delivery on millions of items
DailyMail.com may earn commissions on sales from the links on this page.
- Alexa Cast offers playback control on Echo speakers and Alexa-enabled devices
- Alexa-enabled devices now get free ad-supported Amazon Music
- Amazon exec says company sold over 100 million Alexa-enabled devices: report
- BlackBerry is working on an enterprise-focused Alexa-enabled device
- Amazon announces premium smart speaker Echo Sub, other devices at its hardware event
- Amazon Echo or Google Home: Which smart speaker is right for you?
- Amazon Echo Sub and Smart Plug leak: Two new Alexa-powered devices
- Amazon’s new Echo Dot Kids smart speaker transforms Alexa into a digital nanny
- Amazon Plans To Release 8 New Alexa-Powered Devices: Microwave, Subwoofer, Amplifier, And More
- No Echo? No problem—Apple Music to work on other Alexa-enabled devices
- Why buy a $50 Echo Dot when this $15 smart speaker does the same thing?
- Eight Alexa-enabled devices, including a microwave, will reportedly be unveiled this year
- Amazon rolls out 'Whisper Mode' for Alexa-powered devices
- Amazon to unveil new Alexa-enabled devices on September 25
- Amazon’s new smart speaker is a TV streaming box, and vice versa
- Amazon's portable Tap speaker with Alexa built-in has dropped to $85
- A Smart Speaker Could Save You From Cardiac Arrest
- Amazon’s huge lead in the smart speaker race is starting to shrink
- Google Falls to Third in Smart Speakers Behind Baidu and Amazon
- Amazon Made a Cheap, Alexa-enabled Smart Plug
The Echo Flex is here: Amazon's $25 plug-in smart speaker is the perfect Alexa-enabled device for small spaces have 934 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.