|PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc gives a speech at the business forum.|
Speaking to more than 700 Vietnamese and Korean businesses at the Vietnam-RoK Business Forum in Seoul on November 28, the Vietnamese Government leader said that bilateral trade is estimated to reach close to US$70 billion in 2019 from a mere US$500 million in 1992.
The RoK has been the leading investor in Vietnam with nearly 1,000 projects, Phuc said, adding that roughly 5 million Korean tourists visited Vietnam this year.
He also showed elation at the strong partnership between the two nations across a variety of fields like health care, finance, insurance, culture, sports and human resources training while affirming Vietnam’s readiness to support and offer the best possible conditions for the RoK to carry out the New Southern Policy initiated by President Moon Jae-in, in which Vietnam is a key pillar.
PM Phuc briefed the participants on Vietnam’s situation with the high economic growth of 6.8 % in 2018 and 2019, inflation rate at 3.5% and improved competitive capacity.
Apart from the FTA between Vietnam and the RoK which became effective in 2015, Vietnam has participated in many other FTAs, especially the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP).
The country moved up 10 notches to 67th position in the Global Competitiveness Report 2019, and jumped three spots to the 42nd position in the Global Innovation Index (GII),he said.
Vietnam called for cooperation in education and healthcare with the RoK towards forming leading ASEAN medical centres in the Southeast Asian nation, he said adding that Korean investors need to pour their money in their strength’s fields like logistics services and shipbuilding.
|PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc and RoK’s Deputy PM, Minister of Economy and Finance Nam Ki Hong at the event|
He reiterated the goal of reaching US$100 billion in two-way trade value in 2020, while voicing his hope that the RoK will further open its door for Vietnamese goods.
The Vietnamese government pledges to provide optimal conditions for foreign partners, including those from the RoK, to success in Vietnam, he emphasized.
In his remarks, Deputy PM, Minister of Economy and Finance Nam Ki Hong said that the close-knit relations between the two Governments have been spread to the private sector. To deal with global challenges, it is imperative for both nations to become trustworthy partners and take the bilateral ties to new heights.
He also highlighted his nation’s expanded investment in Vietnam over the years, thereby making the RoK the biggest foreign investor of Vietnam with an annual growth rate of 37%. Vietnam is also the biggest investment recipient among ASEAN member states, he noted.
- PM Phuc meets world leaders on G20 Summit sidelines
- Vietnam backs commitments to enhancing ties with Ivory Coast: PM
- US ambassador ends tenure, but will continue living in Vietnam
- Vietnam proposes initiative against marine plastic waste at G20 Summit
- Vietnam, Morocco eye stronger multifaceted cooperation
- Vietnam wants to boost multi-faceted partnership with Cameroon
- Vietnam ready to share experience with Ivory Coast: Deputy PM
- PM orders severe punishments for Ha Giang`s exam cheating scandal
- PM Modi to embark on a 3-day Thailand visit today for Asean-related summits
- Indian PM Modi leaves for Thailand for ASEAN-India, East Asia & RCEP summits
- HAGL Group, THACO ink strategic deal
- HCM City students make biodegradable products from potatoes
- Mohan Bhagwat’s speech vindicates RCEP stand: RSS affiliates
- Postcard from Penguin Land, Part 1
- Senate confirms Pentagon official Robert Wilkie to lead VA
- A Test debut beyond Jack Fingleton's dreams
PM Phuc sanguine about Vietnam-RoK partnership have 558 words, post on english.vov.vn at November 28, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.