Gold loan provider Muthoot Finance (MFIN) has bought IDBI Mutual Fund (IDBI MF) on November 22, paving way for company’s entry into mutual funds space.
“MFIN today entered into a definitive agreement to acquire IDBI Asset Management Limited and IDBI MF Trustee Company Limited,” Muthoot Finance said in its BSE filing.
The transaction is expected to be completed by end of February 2020 subject to receipt of necessary regulatory approvals, it added.
MFIN said upon closing, both IDBI AMC and IDBI MF Trustee Company would become its wholly owned subsidiary companies.
Promoted by IDBI Bank in 2010, IDBI MF is one of the profit making companies in the mutual fund space with Assets Under Management (AUM) of approximately Rs 5,300 crore.
IDBI MF runs 22 schemes with robust AUM across products, geography and investors.
Muthoot Finance said it would purchase 100 percent equity shares in both companies for Rs 215 crore.
ICICI Securities Limited acted as the advisors in the transaction to sellers. AZB & Partners acted as legal advisor to MFIN, while J Sagar Associates acted as the legal advisor to the sellers.
“IDBI Mutual Fund is a trusted player in the mutual fund space with a steady loyal customer base. At Muthoot we pride ourselves in venturing into mutual fund space through such an established player. The business objectives and customer centric approach that we follow within Muthoot Group is well aligned with the business objectives of mutual fund industry,” George Alexander Muthoot, Managing Director of Muthoot Finance said.Get access to India’s fastest growing financial subscriptions service Moneycontrol Pro for as little as Rs 599 for first year. Use the code “GETPRO”. Moneycontrol Pro offers you all the information you need for wealth creation including actionable investment ideas, independent research and insights & analysis For more information, check out the Moneycontrol website or mobile app.
- Mirae Asset Mutual Fund crosses Rs 1 lakh crore AUM mark
- US-focused mutual funds corner most of the flows into international schemes
- LIC Mutual Funds: Check top 5 MF schemes that doubled money in last 5 years
- Why India's mutual funds boom is restricted to large cities
- Investing in Pension funds, FDs, mutual funds? Check ‘Rule of 72’ to find out when your money will double
- ITI Mutual Fund launches ITI Pharma and Healthcare Fund
- DSP Small Cap mutual fund review: A strong bet for the long term
- Will these mutual funds help me to create Rs 1.5 crore?
- Shriram Housing raises Rs 300 crore from parent - Times of India
- Should I invest in smallcaps via index mutual funds for wealth creation?
- Air India privatisation saga: 'Time we stopped paying Rs 20 crore/day of taxpayers money to keep it flying'
- Kotak Mutual Fund merges FMP Series 246 into Corporate Bond Fund. Should you exit or stay?
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund launches Consumption ETF
- Shriram Housing Finance gets Rs 300 crore equity capital from parent firm
- Pharma funds: Chart toppers last year, but underperformers in 2021
- SEBI clears way for launch of silver exchange-traded funds in India
- ETFs overtake liquid funds to become the largest MF category
- Fund review: This small-cap MF is a strong bet for the long term
- An SIP in balanced advantage fund creates, protects wealth
- Should I continue to invest in Nippon India Small Cap Fund?
Muthoot Finance to acquire IDBI's mutual fund business for Rs 215 crore have 550 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at November 22, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.