MANCHESTER UNITED are preparing a £50million bid for Italian sensation Nicolo Zaniolo, according to reports.
But the Red Devils will have to beat off competition from Paris Saint-Germain for the youngster’s signature.
United are not expected to spend big in January in order to save for a shopping spree next summer.
But according to Italian publication Il Messaggero, Zaniolo has emerged a surprise transfer target and would cost around £50m.
The Roma midfielder, 20, has enjoyed a stunning 2019, becoming a favourite at the Stadio Olympico and breaking into the senior Italy national team.
He may have only signed a new five-year deal with the Serie A giants in the summer but that has done little to prevent the links to a move.
Zaniolo, who can play as a central playmaker or out wide, has already netted crucial goals against Borussia Monchengladbach, AC Milan and Napoli this season.
And he bagged his first strikes for the Italian first team with a double in the 9-1 hammering of Armenia in the latest international break.
And the good relationship between United and Roma to secure Chris Smalling’s loan deal could help with negotiations over Zaniolo.
But with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unlikely to spend big in January and waiting until the end of the season, PSG could swoop when the transfer market reopens in the New Year.
Zaniolo told the Mail that his favourite players to watch in the Premier League are Kevin De Bruyne and Marcus Rashford.
But whether he will line up alongside the England striker in the near future remains unclear.
However, one thing is for sure, Zaniolo is loving life at Roma and would be more than happy to stay in the Italian capital.
Latest Manchester United news
Maguire would have loved Sheff Utd’s display but Blades highlight United’s problems
Man Utd news LIVE – Latest updates from Old Trafford
Ferguson and Woodward in apparent heated exchange before Man Utd draw
SHEFF UTD 3 MAN UTD 3
Visitors denied comeback win as VAR awards McBurnie’s late equaliser
SHEFFIELD UTD 3 MAN UTD 3
Visitors mount stunning comeback but Blades grab LATE equaliser
Britain’s richest man refuses to buy Manchester United as ‘they’ve lost the plot’
Sancho feels ‘humiliated’ at Dortmund as Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barca circle
COUNT THE COST
Man Utd’s £150m salaries revealed with De Gea, Sanchez and Pogba top earners
Asked on interest from England, he added: “It would be easy to say ‘yes why not’ but it wouldn’t be me!
“I tell you the truth, I recently kissed Roma’s shirt and I want to kiss it anytime I score a goal!
“I’m very happy, Roma have given me so much confidence, now I’ll repay it on the pitch. I’m proud to represent these fans, I feel very good here.”
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Man Utd willing to pay Sanchez to play for Roma
- Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd accelerate £80m bid, Chelsea free transfer, Liverpool, Arsenal
- Man Utd eye £90m raid for Moussa Dembele and Sean Longstaff as Ed Woodward makes decision
- Transfer Talk: Pogba 'desperate' to leave Man United
- PSG make Chelsea star top target
- Transfer Talk: Neymar turns to Juventus for PSG exit
- Transfer Talk: Liverpool to move for Havertz?
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Man United, City in £100m battle for Sancho
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Real Madrid eye Man City star Sterling
- Transfer Talk: Arsenal plot move for new Brazil star Everton
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Barcelona turn to Pablo Fornals as Man City, PSG battle for Frenkie de Jong
- Transfer Talk: Arsenal close on Caglar Soyuncu, Bale wants Prem return
- Transfer Talk: Man City, Arsenal, Spurs chase French youngster
- Transfer Talk: Zaha set for £80m switch to Arsenal?
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea chase Chilwell to strengthen fragile defence
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Brooks on the books for Manchester United?
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Man United to move for Tottenham pair?
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea to check in on Zaha at the winter window?
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Real Madrid ready for Eriksen, then Poch
- Man City aren't in crisis despite Norwich shock. PLUS: Bayern's Bundesliga dominance is under threat
Man Utd ready to battle PSG in transfer fight for £50m Roma midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo have 734 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 24, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.