Elections in Jharkhand’s 81 assembly constituencies will be held in five phases beginning 30 November, the Election Commission of India announced on Friday. Counting of votes will take place on 23 December.
In the first phase on 30 November, voting will be held on 13 assembly seats. Then, 20 constituencies will vote on 7 December, 17 constituencies on 12 December, 15 constituencies on 16 December. In the fifth round, voting will take place on 16 assembly seats on 20 December and the results will be out three days later.
“There were a lot of sensitivities in our mind… We should finish before Christmas (on 25 December),” Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora said at a media briefing. Arora said the model code of conduct for political parties has kicked in for the state with this announcement.
The term of the outgoing assembly expires on 1 January 2020.
The five-phase poll has been necessitated on account of Maoist violence in the state.
Four out of every five assembly constituencies in the state, a total of 67 constituencies, are affected by Maoist violence, Arora said, stressing that special security arrangements have been made for the state’s Maoist-affected districts.
— Hindustan Times (@htTweets) November 1, 2019
•In phase 5, 16 assembly constituencies will go to voting on 20 December.
•In phase 4, 15 assembly constituencies will go to voting on 16 December
•In phase 3, 17 assembly constituencies will got to voting on 12 December.
• In phase 2, 20 assembly constituencies will got to voting on 7 December.
•In phase 1, 13 assembly constituencies will go to voting on 30 November
•Term of current assembly is expiring on January 5, 2020. Total electorate in Jharkhand is 2.26 crore. There is a 20 per cent increase in the number of polling stations.
- Bihar Assembly Election 2020: Counting of votes to begin at 8am, early trends likely by 10am. Full schedule here
- Tamil Nadu Assembly elections: Seat-sharing talks after poll date is fixed, says BJP
- Imran Khan PTI wins most seats in Gilgit Baltistan assembly elections
- Gilgit-Baltistan Assembly election concludes amid tight security
- Gilgit-Baltistan assembly election concludes amid tight security, counting begins
- Gilgit-Baltistan assembly election gets under way amid tight security
- 2021 Tamil Nadu Assembly elections | Rajinikanth likely to make announcement on November 30
- Will make Bengal police lick boots if BJP comes to power in next Assembly elections: Raju Banerjee
- NEET Counselling 2020: Provisional result declared; Round 2 final result to be released on Nov 30 on mcc.nic.in
- Ruling PTI wins most seats in Gilgit-Baltistan Assembly election
- UI Senate to select Acting VC Nov 30
- Tamil film producers’ council elections held
- EC refutes RJD-Cong charge, says not under anyone's pressure
- 5 day Bihar assembly session from Nov 23, Nitish Kumar will seek trust vote
- Bihar’s result as a new phase in backward politics
- UP Assembly polls: Akhilesh hints at electoral tie-up with estranged uncle
- 55% turnout in second phase of Bihar polls
- Internal feud in Congress over Bihar election defeat intensifies, Ashok Gehlot slams Kapil Sibal
- Parsa Election Result LIVE Updates | RJD candidate Chhote Lal Ray defeated JD(U)'s Chandrika Roy by 17,293 votes
- 16-year-old rape survivor gives birth at Jharkhand shelter home
Jharkhand assembly elections to be held in 5 phases from Nov 30, results on 23 December, announces EC have 492 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.