President Donald Trump has fired back House Democrats at a raucous campaign rally one day after the vote to formalize impeachment proceedings.
Trump’s remarks came at a rally on Friday night at the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo, Mississippi, where he threw his support to the Republican in Tuesday’s election for governor there.
‘While we’re creating jobs and killing terrorists, the Democrat party has gone completely insane,’ Trump said in opening remarks touting Friday’s blockbuster jobs report and the death last weekend of ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
‘They’ve been plotting to overthrow the election since I won,’ Trump continued. ‘They actually spied on my campaign.’
‘Now corrupt politicians Nancy Pelosi and ‘Shifty’ Adam Schiff, and the media are continuing with the deranged impeachment witch hunt,’ he said. ’The word impeachment, to me it’s a dirty word, not a good word.’
President Donald Trump arrives at a rally at BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo, Mississippi on Friday
President Donald Trump takes the stage at a rally at BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo, Mississippi on Friday
‘The word impeachment, to me it’s a dirty word, not a good word,’ Trump said at the raucous campaign rally
Trump also slammed Beto O’Rourke, who dropped out of the contest for the Democratic presidential nomination just hours earlier.
‘He quit like a dog,’ Trump said, calling O’Rourke ‘poor and pathetic.’
‘He said he was born for it, like he was born from heaven and came down,’ Trump said, recalling a quote in the Vanity Fair article announcing O’Rourke’s campaign.
Trump went on to defend his July 25 phone call with Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky, which is at the heart of the Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.
Members of the audience listens as President Donald Trump speaks at a rally at BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo, Mississippi
U.S. President Donald Trump gestures during a campaign rally in Tupelo, Mississippi on Friday
Trump also slammed Beto O’Rourke, who dropped out of the contest for the Democratic presidential nomination hours earlier
People packed into the arena with a capacity of 10,000, many after waiting hours to get in.
The rally in Tupelo was Trump’s first since the Democratic-led House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly, but along sharply divided party lines, to put the impeachment probe on a formal track.
That vote Thursday set in motion a likely unstoppable surge toward Trump becoming only the third American president to be impeached.
He is accused of abusing his office by withholding military aid to pressure Ukraine into opening a corruption probe against one of his 2020 election rivals, Joe Biden.
‘The Democrats are crazed, they’re lunatics,’ Trump told reporters before leaving the White House on the Marine One helicopter. ‘You can’t impeach a president who has the greatest economy in the history of our nation.’
Trump leaves his plane next to Mississippi Lieutenant Governor Tate Reeves as he arrives for a campaign rally in Mississippi
The president is endorsing Republican Lieutenant Governor Tate Reeves, who faces Democrat Jim Hood for governor
Attendees at a Keep America Great Rally in Tupelo, Mississippi recite the Pledge of Allegiance
Trump is visiting Mississippi to try to shore up Republican support ahead of the state’s toughest governor’s race in nearly a generation, with two established politicians competing for the open seat.
The president is endorsing Republican Lieutenant Governor Tate Reeves, who faces Democrat Jim Hood, the state attorney general, in Tuesday’s general election.
Trump skipped a pair of Asia summits this weekend in suburban Bangkok in favor of campaigning in Mississippi and attending a UFC fight on Saturday in Manhattan.
The president is instead dispatching National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations summit and the East Asia summit.
Supporters of Donald Trump line up to see the President during a ‘Keep America Great’ campaign rally on Friday
Supporters line up outside the arena ahead of the rally. Trump is campaigning in Mississippi ahead of the state’s gubernatorial election where Republican candidate Tate Reeves is in a close race with Democrat Jim Hood
- Another Republican senator tells Donald Trump to call it quits: Ohio's Rob Portman joins trickle of senior figures and says there is 'NO evidence' of widespread fraud
- 'The Biden family is a criminal enterprise': Donald Trump says Joe Biden should be jailed and boasts he's leading in early voting as Michigan crowd calls for Gov. Gretchen Whitmer - who was almost kidnapped - to be 'locked up'
- Donald Trump says Kim Jong-Un is 'in good health' amid rumors dictator is in a coma - and adds 'never underestimate him' after their 'love letters' were revealed
- 'Who knows who'll be in charge': Donald Trump ALMOST acknowledges defeat but stops himself from saying the words 'Biden administration' in first address to the nation since he lost the election
- Donald Trump’s Finest Hour
- The Fascist Liberal/Left and those that hate Donald Trump (3)
- Rudy Giuliani cleans up for Hannity after hair-dye fiasco and continues to claim there was 'massive voting fraud' and says that a lawsuit WILL be filed in Georgia despite recount confirming Biden victory
- GOP senators turn on Trump: Mitt Romney lashes out at bid to overturn Michigan vote while Joni Ernst blasts president's lawyer for suggesting Republicans and Democrats 'paid to have elections fixed'
- Ashton Kutcher pushes for Trump impeachment after meeting Ukraine's president Zelensky with wife Mila Kunis and warns 'soliciting foreign interference in our election is un-American'
- 'We want Hope!': Trump calls aide Hope Hicks onstage at his Florida rally weeks after each tested positive for COVID-19 - as she quips 'we can share a microphone now!'
- Georgia completes recount of ballots and CONFIRMS Biden's victory in latest blow to Trump's election fraud claims as the President's supporters rally at state capitol
- 'Tyranny will not topple us': Michael Flynn's family thanks Trump for pardoning the ex-national security adviser who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI - as president tweets 'have a great life General!'
- Trump supporters accuse moderator Kristen Welker of bias for interrupting him 22 times more than Biden - despite the President praising her during much calmer debate
- Trump trolls Cuomo by saying the delay in New York getting the vaccine is because he's 'playing politics' and other states want it NOW - as huge lines form at Manhattan testing centers
- Trump attacks Savannah Guthrie as 'crazy' after dueling town halls and lashes out at George Stephanopoulos for not asking Joe Biden about Hunter's laptop claiming rival is running 'a crime family'
- How Ivanka Trump and Her Team Cry, Cajole, and Carp to Get Her Out of Bad Press
- Ex-press secretary: Trump ruined this job
- Trump Literally Phones It in for Voter Fraud ‘Hearing’ as He Frets Privately About Prosecutors Ready to Pounce
- 100-year-old WWII veteran meets President Trump
- Mike Campbell on New Dirty Knobs Album, Possible ‘Wildflowers’ Tribute Tour
'Impeachment is a dirty word!' Donald Trump blasts 'radical' Democrats for their inquiry, says 'poor and pathetic' Beto 'quit like a dog' and calls the Ukrainian President a 'nice guy' he had a 'perfect phone call' with at wild rally have 1178 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 2, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.