Lying just 30 kilometres east of Hanoi, Nom Village in Van Lam District, Hung Yen Province retains its image as a traditional village typical of the Red River Delta region. A corner of the Nom Village According to local people, Nom villagers used to specialise in trading scrap metal some hundred years ago and was prosperous. People invested in building good infrastructure works in their village including a big village gate, brick-paved roads, a large communal house and many other beautiful homes. Many buildings can still be seen now and prove a clear example of how a well-off northern village would have looked hundreds of years ago. After going through a big gate which was over 200 years old, a large pond divides the village into two parts. Walking on either two roads running along the pond, visitors can see some old houses nestled in lush gardens. The communal house in Nom Village The house features the typical architectural style of the northern region from the early 20th century with tiled roofs, wooden pillars and doors, a big courtyard, banyan trees, a well, and a pond in front. Besides the communal house, there are dozens of other centuries-old houses, which… Read full this story
- 6 romantic weekend getaways from Seattle to escape the chill and cuddle up
- Weekend getaway to Jenkinson Lake
- Putin Agreed With Erdogan to Offer Peace Talks on Syria in Astana
- Kourtney Kardashian shares snapshots from her luxurious winter getaway in Santa Barbara with her three kids: 'California weekend'
- Tastings and tours: Best places in the Pacific Northwest for a spring weekend wine getaway
- Inside Kourtney Kardashian's Dreamy California Weekend With Her Kids
- Northern village helps make unique folk singing thrive again
- Travel + Leisure's Houston weekend: what the magazine got right, wrong
- 'We had a wonderful time': Jenna Bush Hager shares sweet photos of her two daughters bundled up in snowsuits while hiking with their dad during the family's mountain getaway
- Sunday getaway to the gateway to Big Sur
Hung Yen village offers peaceful weekend getaway have 340 words, post on dtinews.vn at November 14, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.