For the eleven-month period, the mining industry growth declined by 21.9% year-on-year while manufacturing and processing was up 8.3%.
Hanoi`s Index of Industrial Production (IIP) in November expanded 0.7% month-on-month and 9.8% year-on-year, leading to an increase of 8.2% year-on-year for the January-November period, according to the Hanoi Statistics Office.
In November, the mining industry's output saw decreases of 12.1% month-on-month and 24% year-on-year, while the manufacturing and processing industry tacked on 1% and 9.9%, respectively.
Production and distribution of electricity and hot water was down 3.2% month-on-month but up 10.5% year-on-year, while water supply, sewage treatment and water collection rose 10.1% inter-annually.
For the eleven-month period, the mining industry growth declined by 21.9% year-on-year while manufacturing and processing was up 8.3%, production and distribution of electricity and hot water up 9.2%, and water supply, sewage treatment and water collection up 8%.
Some of the industrial subsectors that registered remarkable growth during the January-November period were food processing with an increase of 126.2% year-on-year, wood and bamboo processing with 114.8%, electronic products, computers, and optical devices with 145.8%.
Surge in pork prices leads to higher CPI
Hanoi's consumer price index (CPI) expanded 0.75% month-on-month, resulting in an increase of 4% against last December and 3.68% year-on-year.
As a result, the average CPI of the first 11 months in 2019 grew 3.64% year-on-year.
The statistics revealed eight out of 11 commodity groups, which are components of the basket for CPI calculation, witnessed monthly increases in prices, with food and catering services posting the highest increase of 2.34%, mainly due to a surge in pork prices by 17.07% month-on-month from the impact of the African swine fever.
Total retail sales of consumer goods and services inHanoi in November is estimated at VND256.7 trillion (US$11.06 billion), up 2.5% month-on-month and 9.7% year-on-year. This resulted in a total of VND2,544.3 trillion (US$109.65 billion) betweeen January and November, up 10.6% year-on-year.
- Hanoi's industrial production up 8% in 6 months
- Industrial production increases 9.7% in five months
- Slowdown in some industries challenges growth targets
- Hanoi doubles efforts to lure investment
- Hanoi to implement project on industrial chemical production and trade
- Hanoi focuses on growth quality and competitiveness
- Hanoi sets target to promote cultural industry
- Hanoi projected to attract US$1.3 billion in first six months
- Vietnam Expo 2018 to be held in Hanoi
- Vietnam should mainly export processed products to the US
- Vietnam encounters challenges as accessing the industry 4.0 innovation
- Malaysian vehicle sales data for Nov 2018 by brand
- Vietnam expects for VinFast’s contributions to its automobile industry
- Lawmakers Question Industry Influence at Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Lawmakers Question Influence of Industry at CPSC
- Lawmakers Question Industry Influence at U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Faint Hope for GM's Oshawa Assembly Ahead of Jan. 7 Decision
- Vingroup takes over GM’s Hanoi factory – VinFast becomes sole distributor for Chevrolet cars in Vietnam
- Unwrapping the Secrets of SEO: An Industry Analysis of HTTPS Security -
- Vietnam-tied hackers said to target auto industry
Hanoi’s industrial production up 8.2% in Jan-Nov have 447 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at November 28, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.