Ferrari admit they must raise their game across the board if they are to end the Mercedes title-winning juggernaut in F1 2020.
Mercedes have surpassed Ferrari’s record of five successive world championship doubles this year, with the latter’s title drought now stretching to 11 seasons.
Ferrari’s title challenge failed to materialise this year, although their results have been better since the summer break with six poles and three wins.
Nonetheless, with Mercedes still winning the last four events and appearing as strong as ever, Mattia Binotto is under no illusions about the challenge facing his team heading towards the winter.
“They are a very, very strong team and they have proved it in the last years,” said Binotto. “The level of competition is very high.
“Well done to them, to beat them is difficult. It’s not only pure performance, it’s reliability, it’s mentality, it’s strategy, it’s pit stops, it’s all what you may have for an entire race weekend.
“So we know exactly what our tasks [are]. We’ve got a benchmark. We are improving ourselves, we have improved all through the season, but we’re not yet where we should be.”
Why were Ferrari off the pace in Austin?
But Ferrari are adamant that the hitherto supereme straight-line performance of their car in Austin was not hindered, as rivals have infered, by the technical directive concerning fuel-flow meters issued over the race weekend.
“It’s true that we were not gaining on the straight as much as past races but it’s true as well that I think we matched our competitors on cornering, at least at times in qualy,” said Binotto.
“The trade off between grip-limited and power-limited has been moved this weekend as a test on our side. As simple as that.
“First, we were competitive in qualifying, and now there is something in the race to understand, and we need to understand what’s best for the next races in terms of the trade-off.”
- Face-Off: F1 2010
- 25 Greenlight games you should vote for right now
- Assassin’s Creed 3: The Latest Video-Game Ad Campiagn Spending Through the Roof
- F1 2012 Car Setups Tuning Guide For All Tracks
- F1 2013 Officially Announced
- Mercedes-Benz reveals its latest V12 monster, the SL65 AMG
- Ferrari to use Formula 1-derived turbo V6 in hardcore LaFerrari XX
- Ferrari F620 GT V12 supercar to debut ahead of Geneva Motor Show next week
- F1 2010 out in September for PS3, 360, PC
- F1 2015 Has No DLC, Day One Patch Notes Are Here
- F1 2010 ships 2 million as Codies releases launch trailer
- F1 2012 produces lightning-fast gamescom screens
- F1 2010 Errors, Crashes, Freezes and Fixes
- F1 2014 Shows Bahrain Gameplay Hot Lap
- Hands-on with 10 Xbox One X games that show us what it's really capable of
- ANALYSIS Managing Big Data: Audience Measurement and Ad Targeting
- In Theory: Can Xbox One multi-platform games compete with PlayStation 4?
- Digital Foundry vs. the ultimate gaming PC
- Bidding war likely led to 'eyebrow raising' Omgpop price - analyst
- Analysts raise expectations on “powerhouse” ActiBlizz
Ferrari target 'benchmark' Mercedes as they bid to raise game in F1 2020 have 538 words, post on www.skysports.com at November 4, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.