Founder and CEO of the automotive company Tesla, Elon Musk, said on Saturday that preorders for the Tesla Cybertruck have reached 146,000 without advertising or paid endorsements.
According to a tweet by Elon Musk, 42 percent of the orders are for the dual-motor version of the electric vehicle, whereas 41 percent of the orders are for the tri-motor truck. A reported 17 percent preordered the single-motor model, the least expensive of the three models.
146k Cybertruck orders so far, with 42% choosing dual, 41% tri & 17% single motor
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 23, 2019
The Musk tweet comes after reports of a significant drop in the price of Tesla stocks the day after the surprising debut of the company’s first electric pickup truck.
During the demonstration, Musk noted that the windows of the vehicle are made of armoured glass and invited Tesla’s chief designer, Franz von Holzhausen, to test their durability in front of the audience by throwing a metal ball at it. The window cracked when Holzhausen hit it, leaving the audience bemused.
Twitterians’ reaction to Musk’s preorder claim was not long in coming, as many expressed interest in the tech behind the cutting-edge Tesla Cybertruck, particularly after Thursday’s official demonstration.
I’m gonna build a music studio in the back of mine pic.twitter.com/YyMeo8NTTr
— Steve Jablonsky (@jablonsky_steve) November 23, 2019
Great products sell themselves.
— JerryRigEverything (@ZacksJerryRig) November 23, 2019
But did the glass survive? no because glass is glass and glass scratches at a level 6 with deeper groves at level 7
— Ullu19 (@Ullu_19) November 23, 2019
Many will cancel with the low bar refundable deposit
— Peaceful one (@cyaniink) November 23, 2019
Don’t need advertising when u have memes
— Lilly❁ (@Lillyvnv) November 23, 2019
Congratulations to Tesla! This truck is stellar. So good that it’s suitable for Mars!!
— K10 ✨ (@Kristennetten) November 23, 2019
I would buy one if I would be able to drive and park it here.
— WhalePanda (@WhalePanda) November 23, 2019
SPONGEBOB FACT: SpongeBob does not give a shit about the Cybertruck Elon. When are you going to make something that will help him pass his boating exam!!
— SpongeBob Facts! (@spongbob_facts) November 23, 2019
- Elon Musk Says He Wanted to Sell Tesla to Apple But Tim Cook Wouldn't Take the Meeting
- Elon Musk says he's invested in bitcoin and wants to 'see it succeed'
- While Elon Musk Boosts The Dogecoin Price, The Tesla Dogecoin Dream Is Already Coming True
- Elon Musk Says He'll Solve Australian Power Problem in 100 Days, or It's Free
- Elon Musk Says He's Leaving Twitter for 'A While'
- 'Mars, here we come!': Elon Musk claims crash landing and total destruction of his $216MILLION SpaceX Starship is actually a triumph
- Elon Musk says he didn’t expect creating self-driving cars would be ‘so hard’
- Extent of Elon Musk's influence on cryptocurrency; where is it headed?
- Elon Musk calls App Store fees a ‘de facto global tax on the internet,’ sides with Epic Games
- Elon Musk could 'break internet' and BUY Bitcoin in ‘$1 trillion favour’ to shareholders
- Elon Musk Refutes Book Claim That Tim Cook Called Him For Tesla
- Elon Musk Promises to Make a $25,000 Tesla (in 3 Years)
- Elon Musk’s billionaire net worth blasted by Bernie Sanders in brutal social media swipe
- 'Tesla Is Getting It Done': Elon Musk On Real World AI For Robotaxis
- ‘I Won’t Sell’ Dogecoin—Tesla Billionaire Elon Musk Reveals Where He Stands In ‘The True Battle’ Between The Dollar And Crypto
- Elon Musk Reveals Surprise Support For Ethereum Cofounder’s ‘Amazing’ Plan To Upgrade ‘Joke’ Bitcoin Rival Dogecoin
- Why Elon Musk Reversed Course on Taking Tesla Private
- Bitcoin rises on Elon Musk's tweets; housing's rural surge pre-dates COVID-19
- Elon Musk Talks About His Cryptocurrency Investments, Confirms SpaceX Is Holding Bitcoin
- Tesla Reports Record Output as Elon Musk Achieves Goal
Elon Musk Claims He's Received 146k Orders for Tesla’s New Cybertruck have 628 words, post on sputniknews.com at November 24, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.