According to event organizers, VM 2020 will have the same four distances – five kilometers, 10 kilometers, 21 kilometers (half marathon) and 42 kilometers – at the same registration fees as the first edition.
The run will take place on June 9 in the beach town Quy Nhon, Binh Dinh Province in central Vietnam.
Runners can register from now until December 10 to get the Super Early Birds price of VND250,000-750,000 ($10.79-32.35) based on the distance.
Super Early Bird
(Nov 12-Dec 10)
(Nov 12-Jan 7 2020)
(Jan 8-March31 2020)
(April 1-May 5 2020)
Organizers also said groups of athletes and businesses can take advantage of the reduced rates.
They can get up to 25 percent off, the highest discount rate, for a group of over 100 runners, followed by 20 percent for groups of 50-100 people, 15 percent for groups of 30-49 and 10 percent for groups of 10-29.
VM 2020 will have some changes in its running route and starting point to offer new experiences to participants.
Runners will also have the chance to win various prizes, including running shoes and travel vouchers from event sponsors via raffle drawings.
VM 2020 is an annual charity run. 10 percent of the ticket sales proceeds go to VnExpress’s Hope Foundation, which works to improve learning facilities for disadvantaged students in Vietnam’s remote provinces.
The first VnExpress Marathon, held last June, attracted around 5,000 runners, including 100 foreigners.
The marathon’s goal is also to spread sportsmanship and strengthen the sense of community.
Register for the race at https://vm.vnexpress.net
- Registration opens for the 2016 Boston Marathon
- Panthers fall behind early, drop home opener to Devils
- Chris Archer tagged early as Rays open homestand with loss to Red Sox
- Roberto Bautista Agut’s title defense ends early at Topshelf Open
- Japan scales back Tokyo 2020 Olympic stadium plans
- Oldest woman in NYC Marathon dies
- Meb Keflezighi sets half-marathon mark for runners over 40 years old
- Keflezighi runs fastest masters half marathon of 1:02:29
- IOC wants Japan’s main stadium ready by January 2020
- Yankees minor league team immortalizes Greg Bird with hatching bobblehead