HÀ NỘI — More than 100 circus artists from 20 nations and territories are taking part on the first International Circus Festival in Hạ Long City in the northern province of Quảng Ninh. Artists parade in downtown Hạ Long. — VNA/VNS Photos Đức Hiếu They marched and performed down the streets on November 13, and thousands of locals and tourists gathered to enjoy the parade. The artists will perform various shows till November 17. Thousands of locals and tourists turned up for the show. On November 14, a workshop on circus art and tourism development was held as part of the festival. Peter Dubinsky, one of the festival’s judges, said international circus festivals had been held in other countries to promote local tourism. They also performed various acts. “In many countries, circus festivals have become a tourism highlight for locals and visitors,” he said. A mother and her son take photos with a clown. “Quảng Ninh has a great opportunity to develop circus into a tourism product,” he said. “I think Quảng Ninh needs contributions from media to host the festival in years to come.” Another judge, Robert Sandor Donnert, said Hạ Long attracted a lot of tourists from Europe. Authorities hope to make the event an annual tourism product. “Hosting the international circus festival will… Read full this story
- Tourist Visiting Long Island City For Wedding On Life Support After Vicious Assault
- Sports Are Ready to Return. The Coronavirus Has Other Ideas.
- Frank Rich on the National Circus: Why Eric Cantor’s Defeat Wasn’t So Shocking
- Many tourist sites busy with summer holiday crowds
- Major tourist destinations overrun by summer holiday crowds
- Thousands of tourists cancel tours nationwide
- Live long and prosper: Siblings have lived well into their 90s. What's their secret?
- Reckless moment tourist swerves all over the road on a scooter in Bali and mounts the pavement in a busy street
- Protect pristine beauty of Lan Ha Bay: Hollywood hero DiCaprio
- 'Helter Skelter' goes long but not deep into the Manson family 'myth'
Circus to entertain tourists in Hạ Long have 350 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 16, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.