Vietnamese nationals were jailed for their parts in organising a large-scale cannabis growing operation across the north-west of England. — Photo courtesy of Lancashire Police. LANCASHIRE — A gang of Vietnamese nationals have been jailed for a total of 37 years after police smashed a sophisticated cannabis ring operating in the United Kingdom. In total, detectives recovered more than 2,300 plants grown in 18 non-descript looking houses all across the north-west of England. If broken down, the drugs were worth more US$1.2 million (VNĐ 29 billion) on the street. A judge at Preston Crown Court sentenced most of the gang this week. Others had been jailed at earlier hearings. The court heard some of the cannabis farmers had been working to repay debts to people who had smuggled them into the UK. One claimed he had gained entry into the country by hiding in the back of a refrigeration unit in a container lorry – the same method used which led to the deaths of 39 Vietnamese nationals last month. Four men – Quan Dang, 32, Hung Pham, 29, Tran Hung, 36, and Vo Duc, 20 – were jailed for between 31 and 48 months, for their roles supporting the network. A fifth… Read full this story
- 'Godmother' of cannabis meets her tech-happy children at SF pot summit
- The Summer I Spent Picking Up Hitchhikers On The Appalachian Trail
- 2500 Year-Old Tattooed Siberian Mummy Had Breast Cancer, Used Marijuana
- Silk Road drug busts multiply, eight new people arrested
- Inhale Oxford's Word of the Year: 'Vape'
- Silk Road founder claims he was fall guy for illegal drug site
- Vimeo joins Netflix, Amazon with first original series
- 150 reasons why bacon smells so good
- Stoned? If so, Lyft wants to give you a ride
- Airbnb-style rentals, for those who like a good toke
Cannabis story have 297 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.