A day after fault lines in Maharashtra Congress were visible over the issue of extending support to Shiv Sena, the State leadership blamed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for the continuing crisis.
“The BJP is responsible for the mess in the State. It had given the word to its ally in Maharashtra. It did not fulfil the promise neither it treated its ally with care. The BJP is holding out the threat of President’s Rule in Maharashtra. Whom are they threatening? Because of the BJP, entire State has landed in a difficult position,” said State Congress president Balasaheb Thorat.
Mr. Thorat alleged that the BJP has already started using all dirty tricks to poach MLAs of other parties. “The BJP was using all its tricks even before the elections. Now that they are falling short of numbers, it is resorting to the same methods,” he claimed.
Leader of Opposition Vijay Vadettiwar too blamed the BJP for leading the State towards constitutional crisis. “If the BJP has emerged as the single largest party in the State, then it is the party’s responsibility to stake claim and form the government. By not doing so, the party is pushing the State towards President’s Rule. They are responsible for the present condition of the State,” he said.
Meanwhile, a day after announcing a three-day tour to areas affected by excessive unseasonal rains, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar is likely to cut short his tour and return to Mumbai on Friday morning. The five-year term of the present Assembly ends on November 8 midnight.
“It seems the BJP is not going to stake claim and is ready for President’s Rule. The party seem to be on wait and watch mode till Sena blinks. It will not form the government with minority mandate,” said senior journalist and political commentator Sanjay Jog.
- Fury as hundreds of cancer operations across the UK were cancelled during the NHS winter crisis
- Trump Wants to Blame the Fed, Not Control It
- Watchdog report urges EPA to heighten oversight in wake of Flint water crisis
- Foul Play: US Violates INF Accord, But Blames Russia For It
- Melania Trump visits US-Mexico border amid crisis over family separations
- Neil Lennon blames Rangers chiefs and players for Ibrox crisis
- Former Barclays boss Diamond says it was not fair he took blame for Libor
- Mark Zuckerberg is being trolled online ahead of today’s Congress grilling over data scandal
- No-confidence motion against Spanish PM passes first hurdle in Congress
- Syria strikes: How Congress reacted
- Trump Retreats on Family Separation, Signing Order He Says Will End Policy
- Trump Blames Tariff Critics for Weakening U.S. Bargaining Power
- Facebook's Sandberg Speaks on Impact of Data Crisis: Highlights
- Flint water crisis: Race 'was factor' in authorities slow and misleading response, says city's black mayor
- JFK's Cuban Missile Crisis 'victory map' to sell for $20,000
- Spy poisoning crisis deepens with UN duel
- Facebook Problems ‘My Mistake,’ Zuckerberg to Tell Congress
- Trump says ‘long way’ to go on North Korea crisis
- NHS cancelled hundreds of cancer procedures during winter crisis, investigation finds
- Housing minister not up for the job, says Sinn Fein
BJP to be blamed for crisis in Maharashtra, says Congress have 507 words, post on www.thehindu.com at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.