The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) began a probe into the corrupt allegations against its own officers, who allegedly tried to trap Madhurawada Sub-Registrar, T. Tarakesh, with malafide intention.
The allegations against ACB sleuths, including its DSP, CI and other staff of Visakhapatnam, and the comments made by Deputy Chief Minister and Revenue Minister Pilli Subash Chandra Bose on the officials gained importance as the ACB, Vigilance and Enforcement (V&E) and other departments were observing ‘Vigilance Awareness Week’ from October 28 to November 2.
ACB sleuths were organising awareness meetings against corruption in various educational institutions during the awareness week.
On October 9, the ACB officials headed by Dy. Superintendent of Police Rangaraju, raided the Sub-Registrar’s office and seized ₹61,500. Following the raids and the seizure, Stamps and Registration department DIG, A. Ravindranath transferred Mr. Tarakesh to Tekkali in Srikakulam district.
However, the Sub-Registrar met Mr. Subash Chandra Bose and produced the CCTV clippings alleging that the ACB officials, who arranged the amount in his office, deliberately planned to trapped him.
After going through the footage, the minister reacted strongly and took the matter to the notice of the ACB Director General, Kumar Viswajeet.
Responding to the allegations on the ACB sleuths, Mr. Viswajeet said that an inquiry has been ordered into the allegations. Actions would be taken, if they were found guilty, he said.
“We received a complaint on the allegations. Joint Director (Andhra) T. Mohan Rao has been appointed to investigate into the allegations against Visakhapatnam ACB officials. We are observing the CCTV footage submitted by the Sub-Registrar as proof against the ACB sleuths,” Mr. Viswajeet told The Hindu on Friday.
- Randhawa orders probe into allegations of malpractices against ADGP Rakesh Chandra
- Power situation likely to improve in few days: Punjab Deputy CM Randhawa
- Centre’s misuse of probe agencies resembles ‘contract killing’: Sanjay Raut
- Lakhimpur Kheri Violence: Union Minister’s Son Ashish Mishra Arrested
- Hillsborough probe 'to be UK's biggest into police conduct'
- BJP demands probe into recruitments during Congress rule in Rajasthan
- Top officers are being harassed, Maharashtra govt tells high court
- Telgi case probe: Maharashtra files reply to Jaiswal’s plea against strictures passed 15 yrs ago
- Bangladesh violence: Incident aimed at destroying communal harmony, says Home Minister Azaduzzaman Khan
- Mumbai: ACB arrests forest officer for taking Rs 5.30 lakh bribe from junior
- Why terror probe MUST go beyond Lt Col Purohit
- ED making selective disclosures to media; willing to cooperate with probe: Anil Deshmukh
- Counter-terror probe launched into killer of MP Sir David Amess
- Madhya Pradesh: Minor boy receives Covid-19 shot, falls sick; probe ordered
- Lakhimpur Violence: Ashish Mishra, 3 Others Arrested, Taken To Site To Recreate Crime Scene
- Lakhimpur Kheri Incident Betrays BJP’s Mindset, How It Perceives Kisan Andolan: Sonia Gandhi At
- Narcotics Bureau to IT raids, Sharad Pawar slams Govt ‘misuse’ of agencies
- 'We punished him': 3 more Nihangs held for Singhu lynching
- Money laundering case: NBW issued against Chaggan Bhujbal's son
- I insisted that Uddhav become CM of Maharashtra after MVA was formed: Pawar's snipe at Fadnavis
ACB to probe into Deputy Chief Minister’s allegations against Visakhapatnam ACB officers have 482 words, post on www.thehindu.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.