At the second Defence Policy Dialogue between Viet Nam and the UK
The two sides spoke highly of the purpose and significance of the Viet Nam-UK defense policy dialogue as well as the positive developments in bilateral defense ties over recent times, especially after they renewed a memorandum of understanding on Viet Nam-UK defense cooperation and successfully organized the first dialogue.
The officials affirmed that defense cooperation between the two countries has been growing finely across many aspects, with new, effective and substantial developments having been recorded in bilateral collaboration in UN peacekeeping, English training, logistics, hydrograph and defense industry.
In an effort to bring Viet Nam-UK defense ties to new heights, the two sides stressed the need to strengthen the exchange of all-level delegation, especially at the high-level delegations, aiming to boost mutual understanding.
Vietnamese Minister of Defense Gen. Ngo Xuan Lich is to pay an official visit to the UK, Vinh said, affirming that Viet Nam is willing to create favorable conditions for the next visits of the UK naval vessels to Viet Nam.
He asked the UK side to continue to share experience in the fields of military medicine cooperation, UN peacekeeping and organizing exchanges between the two armies’ young officers, in addition to supporting and expanding English training for Vietnamese soldiers.
The Vietnamese Ministry of Defense is willing to receive the UK army officers to study Vietnamese language in the country, Vinh stated.
He suggested the two sides enhance cooperation, coordination and mutual support at multilateral forums.
The same day, Vietnamese Minister of National Defence General Ngo Xuan Lich hosted a reception for Baroness Goldie, during which the Vietnamese minister spoke highly of the bilateral defence cooperation in the recent past, as well as effective assistance from the British Ministry of Defence in deploying the second level-2 field hospital in South Sudan and in teaching English for Viet Nam’s UN peacekeeping forces.
By Vien Nhu
- Vietnam, Russia hold second defence strategy dialogue
- VN, UK hold fifth strategic dialogue
- Health Policy Dialogue of icddr,b held at CIRDAP Auditorium
- Brexit: UK holding up talks with lack of clarity, Michel Barnier says
- VN’s defence policy is peace, self-defence: minister
- VN, RoK Hold Strategic Dialogue
- PM: Apologies by UK PM marks start of dialogue on Windrush matter
- PM: Apologies by UK PM mark start of dialogue on Windrush matter
- PM Modi to visit UK on second leg of 3-nation tour, will attend Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting
- Joint statement of APEC High Level Policy Dialogue on Travel Facilitation