|Director General of the Vietnam News Agency (VNA) Nguyễn Đức Lợi, a member of the Communist Party of Việt Nam (CPV) Central Committee, had a working session with Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba (PCC) Central Committee and head of the PCC’s Thought Commission Victor Gaute Lopez in Hà Nội on Wednesday. — VNA/VNS Photo|
HÀ NỘI — Director General of the Vietnam News Agency (VNA) Nguyễn Đức Lợi, a member of the Communist Party of Việt Nam (CPV) Central Committee, had a working session with Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba (PCC) Central Committee and head of the PCC’s Thought Commission Victor Gaute Lopez in Hà Nội on Wednesday.
Lợi introduced to his guest that the VNA is the State news agency with nearly 75 years of development. The agency is a strong communication group in Southeast Asia with a network of 63 offices in all cities and provinces across the country and over 30 in all regions in the world, he said.
The VNA has close and effective co-operative relations with the Latin American news agency Prensa Latina, the official added.
The Vietnamese people have special sentiment for the Cuban land and people, he said, adding that many officials, reporters and editors of the VNA were trained in Cuba.
The two sides agreed that press plays an important role in raising public awareness by providing accurate information.
The same day, Trần Lưu Quang, a member of the CPV Central Committee, Permanent Vice Secretary of the HCM City Party Committee, hosted a reception for Victor Gaute Lopez.
Quang said the Vietnamese Party, State and people, including those from HCM City, always remember the valuable support from Cuba to Việt Nam in years of hardship, adding the city will have practical activities to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Việt Nam-Cuba diplomatic ties in the coming year.
HCM City is willing to pioneer in realising the two countries’ economic co-operation policies, especially in the fields of Cuba’s strengths such as health, biotechnology and pharmacy, the official stressed.
Cuba hopes to increase cooperation activities and exchange experience with Việt Nam in ideology, press, personnels training, and Party building, the guest said. — VNS
- Kim Jong Un prepares to meet world leaders
- LePage made secret trip to Spain to meet with leaders of CMP’s parent company
- China wants to further boost ties in Central, East Europe
- Syria Says It 'Will Feel Safer' with Russia's New Missile System and Boosts Ties with Iraq
- Missouri 5-year-old meets city leaders over ice cream
- FBI chief meets Lebanese leaders, expresses support to army
- Premier explores Bermuda economic synergies with Florida in Miami talks with region’s business leaders
- Destination Medical Center hosts its first annual meeting
- Avalue debuts VNS-series multifunctional touch panel PC
- Cold War 2018? North Korea and China Build Relations with Cuba, Bringing Old U.S. Foes Together