|Nguyen Viet Quang, general director of Vinfast (L) and Chase Carey, President and CEO of the Formula One Group, at the title sponsor announcement in Hanoi (Photo: vietnamnet.vn)|
The three-day event, which is scheduled for next April in Hanoi, is now called the F1 Vinfast Vietnam Grand Prix.
After the announcement ceremony, Vinfast is the latest and youngest sponsor of the world-class event, standing alongside many other international brands such as DHL, Pirelli, Rolex and Petronas.
As the title sponsor, Vinfast will be invited to take part in the process of creating and designing the trophy and Vinfast representatives will present the silverware to the winner.
"It is a chance for Vinfast, a Vietnamese auto manufacturer, to stand side-by-side with other leading companies at the elite sport event," said Nguyen Viet Quang, General Director of Vinfast.
"The Vietnamese brand-name will be popularised widely to spectators in more than 200 countries and territories through live broadcasts and different kinds of media."
"Vinfast's sponsorship will be a strong push and an important point in our route to bring the F1 Grand Prix to Vietnam," said Le Ngoc Chi, General Director of Vietnam Grand Prix Company.
"We will try our best to complete our targets, bringing to spectators a typical racing stage and a festival combining entertainment, sport, world-class technique and national culture," she added.
The F1 race will be held in Hanoi's My Dinh sports complex in Tu Liem district, on a race track of 5,565m. The track is designed by German group Tilke and will be set up on the main urban streets around My Dinh Stadium.
Supporters could buy their tickets at https://www.f1vietnamgp.com.
- 20-year-old Brit George Russell to race for Williams in 2019 F1 season
- Sebastian Vettel cruises to Belgian GP victory and reduces Lewis Hamilton's championship lead
- Lewis Hamilton takes sensational Italian GP victory after first lap collision with Sebastian Vettel
- Lewis Hamilton secures Singapore GP pole with astonishing lap as Sebastian Vettel qualifies third
- F1 live: Belgian Grand Prix 2018
- Belgian GP: Kimi Raikkonen heads Lewis Hamilton
- F1 to welcome third British driver to grid next year after George Russell confirmed by Williams
- Sebastian Vettel demands answers from Ferrari after team-mate Kimi Raikkonen beats him to pole
- Jolyon Palmer column: Why Mercedes were right to use team orders
- Dig-IT-al Matters: Explosive boom in eSports
- Inside this season’s hottest books
- Paul Kimmage sits down with Sean Cavanagh to talk retirement, the McManus 'incident' and how he 'never really knew' Mickey Harte
- Mural transforms morale at Bristol housing scheme
Vinfast announced as F1 Vietnam GP’s title sponsor have 423 words, post on vir.com.vn at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.