Vietnam’s industrial production in the first nine months of this year rose by 9.6 percent year on year. (Photo: tinnhanhchungkhoan.vn) Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – Vietnam’s industrial production in the first nine months of this year rose by 9.6 percent year on year, a four-year record, according to the General Statistics Office (GSO). The manufacturing and processing sector led the industry sector and the whole economy with an expansion of 11.4 percent, while mining grew slightly by 2.7 percent after months of reduction. Head of the GSO’s Industrial Statistics Department Pham Dinh Thuy said Vietnam’s manufacturing and processing sector had the highest growth rate among ASEAN nations. “The domestic manufacturing and processing industry grew steadily over quarters, including 11.5 percent, 10.9 percent and 11.7 percent in the first, second and third quarters, respectively, ”Thuy said. Among industries, several sectors recorded year-on-year growth, including coke and refined petrol up 38 percent, metallurgy 36 percent and rubber and plastics 15 percent. Production of electronics, computers and optical products hiked by 6.3 percent, lower than the 14.2 percent growth a year ago, while production of cigarettes rose 4 percent. Crude oil was down 7 percent, motorbikes 9.4 percent, mobile phone spare parts 11.1 percent and refined sugar… Read full this story
- Industry hits four-year high of 9.56 pct in nine months
- SE Asia Stocks-Most markets fall, Vietnam plunges over 4 pct
- New drivers and expectations for VN’s tourism industry
- Scenario for climate change response in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s Tourism 2011 with Sustainable Development Focus
- 'China is not paying for it': Trump tariff hike hits everyone from beer brewers to book publishers
- What Hinders Vietnam’s Tourism Growth?
- Vietnam increasingly dependent on China, despite rhetoric
- More 90s Brewing
- Too many tourists
Vietnam’s industrial production hits four-year high have 287 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.