Vietnam have been placed in Group A in the third round of Asian qualifiers for the Women’s Olympic Football Tournament Tokyo 2020 alongside North Korea, South Korea, and Myanmar. The round’s draw took place at the headquarters of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on Friday last week, FIFA reported. Eight teams were drawn into two groups of four and will compete from February 3 to 9, 2020. South Korea (Group A) and China (Group B) will host all matches in their respective groups. Group A consists of two-time Olympic participants North Korea, hosts South Korea, Vietnam and Myanmar, while Group B is made up of Australia, hosts China, Thailand and Chinese Taipei. The top two teams in each group will then play in two-legged, home-and-away play-offs on March 6 and 11, with the top team in Group A facing the runners-up in Group B and vice versa. The two winners of the play-offs will qualify for the 2020 Summer Olympics, which will take place in Tokyo, Japan next year. This is the second time Vietnam have qualified for the third and final round of the Women’s Olympic Football Tournament Asian qualifiers, after their 2016 appearance, according… Read full this story
- North Korea vs South Korea’s mysterious World Cup qualifier ends in draw after fans rely on FAX for updates amid media ‘blackout’
- High-Level North-South Korea Talks End Without Accord
- North, South Korea oppose Japan's plan to release radioactive Fukushima water
- Have the Winter Olympics repaired North-South Korea relations?
- DPRK Delegation Arrives in South Korea to Inspect Olympic Venues - Reports
- Hyundai wants to invest in North-South express railway
- North and South Korea Will Put War Threats Aside to Team Up at Winter Olympics for First Time in a Decade
- Will Kim Jong Un's Favorite Girl Band Go to the Winter Olympics in South Korea? Meet the Moranbong Band
- Ivanka Trump Briefed South Korea President on North Korea Sanctions Despite Reportedly Lacking Permanent Security Clearance
- The rise and rise of women's football – share your pictures and stories
Vietnam to face North, South Korea in Women’s Olympic Football Asian qualifiers have 349 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 21, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.