Vietnam head coach Park Hang-seo and his players received a jubilant welcome as they returned home on October 16 after outplaying Indonesia 3-1 in the second round of the 2022 World Cup Asian qualifiers at Kapten I Wayan Dipta Stadium in Bali. Despite not yet being enough to help Vietnam clinch the top spot in Group G, the wide-margin win has lifted the Golden Dragons to third place among the runner-up teams after the fourth matchday, behind China and Jordan, who have better goal differences of +12 and +4, respectively (compared to Vietnam’s +3). VFF Vice President Chong presented flowers to captain Que Ngoc Hai. (Photo: Bongdaplus.vn) Midfielder Vu Van Thanh signed a fan’s jersey at the airport. The players were a little bit surprised by the welcome of home fans. At Tan Son Nhat Airport, the Vietnamese team officially dissolved. Trainers and players of the southern clubs returned to their management units. Meanwhile, Park and players of the northern teams continued on a flight to Hanoi on the same night. Players of the northern teams continued to take a further flight to Hanoi. However, they arrived in the capital nearly one hour behind schedule due to the flight being… Read full this story
- Vietnamese team encouraged ahead of Thailand departure for World Cup qualifiers
- How did your team perform at the Rugby World Cup?
- UK economy grows 0.4% as warm weather and World Cup push up retail sales
- 'Make the guys secure first' - Yuvraj Singh blames team management for India's World Cup 2019 loss
- Vietnam coach, midfielder receive AFF Award nominations
- Phil Simmons to step down as Afghanistan coach after World Cup
- World Cup 2019, Pakistan vs Bangladesh: When And Where To Watch Live Telecast, Live Streaming
- Simmons promises to expose truth behind Afghanistan's World Cup mess
- 'Trying to make sure captaincy change will not impact World Cup preparation'
- Babar Azam Stars As Pakistan Beat New Zealand To Keep World Cup Hopes Alive
Vietnam national team receive warm welcome home from World Cup qualifiers have 332 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.