|At the event (Photo: moit.gov.vn)|
Jointly held by the Indian Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), the event aims to implement cooperation activities between Indian and Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam (CLMV).
It is part of India’s efforts to realise its “Act East” policy, focusing on promoting collaboration between India and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), including CLMV.
With the theme “Build economic integration through regional value chains,” the meeting brought together nearly 300 delegates from India and the four ASEAN countries.
Apart from promoting agricultural products of India and CLMV, the event sought measures to strengthen road, aviation and navigation connectivity, as well as collaboration in services and science-technology.
The delegates also touched upon cooperation opportunities in energy, especially new and renewable energy.
The Vietnamese representatives briefed the meeting on outcomes of cooperation between Vietnam and India and CLM countries in such spheres as economy, trade, investment and tourism.
- U.S. health care needs a wakeup call from India: Column
- First CRA meeting since FBI probe came to light nixed
- Upper Saddle River anti-eruv group does not show at Teaneck meeting
- Fox News Will Not Attend Eric Holder's Off-the-Record Meeting
- First E. Ramapo board meeting with monitor draws crowd
- President Trump 'considering his options' on Afghanistan after Camp David meeting
- 30 arrests reported at Far Hills Race Meeting
- Religious and city officials have closed-door meeting in wake of Eric Garner’s death
- Gabby Giffords meets with President Obama, reflects on the four-year anniversary of mass shooting
- ‘Homeownership was a mirage’: How home buyers say their American dream became a nightmare